I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
While you are talking poo bags, may I ask what is good poo bag ettiquete?

Are poo bags biodegradable? I've seen so many poo bags in the bushes and dotted about the countryside round here, I was wondering why do people chuck them? Is this ok or a big no no? Will they decompose?

Luckily we do have lots of poo bins around the town, park etc so I can't understand why people don't just put the poo bag in there when available.

But what if you are on a long walk in the countryside and want a picnic etc and there are no bins, should you take the full poo bag home in your pocket? I'm just thinking having a poo bag in the pocket could put one off their picnic. Or is it acceptable to throw it into the wilderness? Also, if the dog has a poo "off track" do I have to go and seek out the poo and bag it, or is it only if it is on a path etc?

Oh there is so much to learn in the world of doggy poop, lol!!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As you can see from my post above I don't used biodegradable poo bags so I always put it in a bin. Fortunately I've never been in the position where I've had to carry one for miles (if there is no dog poo bin then I put it in an ordinary bin) I believe you can get biodegradable ones though.

Lolly does like to run to the middle of the field to do her business sometimes and I know that by the time I get there she'll have finished and run off and I won't be able to find it so my rule tends to be that if it is on or near the path or somewhere that people are likely to walk then I always pick it up. If its in the middle of a wild field, in the bushes etc then I think it will rot down quickly and feed the soil. Others may differ from my views.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My local woods have started a new initiative to discourage people from launcing there bags into the wilderness. They say if your dog poops on a track or path, find a stick and flick it into the long grass. This will then stop people picking up their dogs poo and hanging it from the branches of tree's!

James x

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just to add- make sure your dogs are wormed regularly- Roundworm eggs can survive in the soil for a good year :eek:
There are situations where you have to/ it is better to leave poo so if your dog is wormed properly at least you know you are not spreading a problem. Also, they are treated incase they are picking up eggs from the environment left from those who don't worm.
I'll bash the vet nurse back into the box now :eek::)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.