I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that dogs do it - but I thought it would start when he got more mature...but tonight he has done nothing but 'hump' his large dragon toy. I am ignoring it completely - but he's been at it (on & off) for an hour now :eek::eek::eek:

· Registered
10,005 Posts
It isn't just boys....and it isn't always about what we think it is about....Lady used to hump her favorite teddy toy....sometimes it is about dominance, sometimes just to claim something..

· Registered
156 Posts
Jarvis (9 1/2 weeks) occasionally humps his large stuffed octopus :-o I just ignore it, I think it's when he's on it and it rubs his winkle... He doesn't just go straight in and do it!! I have read its a dominance thing and if they do it to humans ignore, pull away and distract with a toy immediately and not make a fuss.. However in the case of the Rottweiler... I'd run for the hills lol!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bi3jyk

· Registered
3,583 Posts
Millie (a girl !) started humping after she was spayed at 6 months. Her favourite is my leg, but is usually when she is over excited and starts being silly. Is this possible or is it definitely a dominance thing?

Thanks to Janet(Flounder1), we call it Love Hugs :hug: :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.