I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just discovering this site, my little bear is leading the life of royalty - started making her own food about two years ago. Sometimes she gets into our other dogs dry food eats too fast and chokes. Can clear it by rubbing her throat for her. She has also had the reverse sneeze occasionally where I block her nostrils for a second with palm of my hand and it stops. She eats mostly soft food now but loves to chomp on raw carrots in the kitchen while we cook. Just today she has started “coughing” at random times it wakes her from sleeping. She has had what we’d describe as sleep apnea for several years. She has lumps underneath and moles that have surfaced, broke, bled and healed over the last year or so. I’m wondering if there is a lymphoma pressing against her throat internally?
(As a puppy I had a then boyfriend who put a choke collar on her for “training” On a lead - it got tightened one day and i couldn’t get it off while I cried thinking she would surely die there on the sidewalk - I finally loosened it and then threw it in the nearest trash can. That boyfriend is gone. She was too tiny for such a horrible apparatus, since then her throat has always been sensitive.) She is resilient, still spunky just slower and more tired. Walks are much shorter but she’s a trooper on the trails. Loyal never had a better meaning or definition to me. 16 years is longtime to love another creature. Hoping this new throat thing isn’t too serious.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts