I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Molly had her 1st injection today at 2.30pm, she's pretty much slept ever since, apart from when she woke up for a wee about 5.30 when she looked completely out of it! She's still absolutely dead to the world, I thought she'd be a bit drowsy but is it normal to sleep for hours after?! :confused:

Sue

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Do you feel like there's something wrong?
If not she's probably fine, puppies spend most of their time sleeping at first.
But if in doubt give an emergency vets a ring just to check that she sounds okay...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you feel like there's something wrong?
If not she's probably fine, puppies spend most of their time sleeping at first.
But if in doubt give an emergency vets a ring just to check that she sounds okay...
Thanks for the reply.

I have actually spoken to the vet and he did say it sounded normal, I'm just so used to seeing her tearing around I suppose, don't like seeing her just lying there like that all evening! :(

We've only had her 4 days and I already don't know what I'd do without her! :(

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Awww that's sweet :) I know the feeling! They're amazing our dogs :D
I'm sure she'll be absolutely fine, probably just feels how our arms feel when we have vacs, that horrible heavy numb feeling in your arm.
Let us know what she's like tomorrow :)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
She will be fine. give the back of her neck a nice rub. by tomorrow you will have your normal puppy back. delta was very sleepy and shivered which i dont remember the others doing. youl go throight the same thing with her 2nd vacc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a quick update, Molly is fine this morning, back to her usual self!:D

So relieved, was really worried! At least we'll know what to expect when she has her 2nd injection.

We're off to a puppy party tonight:) wish us luck!

Thanks again everyone for your re-assurance

Sue and Molly
xx

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Just a quick update, Molly is fine this morning, back to her usual self!:D

So relieved, was really worried! At least we'll know what to expect when she has her 2nd injection.

We're off to a puppy party tonight:) wish us luck!

Thanks again everyone for your re-assurance

Sue and Molly
xx
Hope your experience better than mine. I expect Molly will be ok as she is the right age, Hattie was 14 weeks and the anxiety phase kicked in big time especially as the vet nurse had a free for all instead of three similar sized puppies at a time. I didn't go back we are just meeting dogs out on walks and as I have to have a small op soon she will go to a friend who does dog boarding for a few days, good practice for her stay in May.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.