I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
1st timer and proud to becoming the proud owner of a beautiful Cockerpoo on Monday...we think we are going to call him "Rocko"...my son says he looks a real bruiser...lol
So any advice gratefully received...we have an 11 year old black lab...not sure how he will handle a playful pup, or for that matter me! has been along time since we have had a baby in the family. Will post a photo soon...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello and welcome,We have just got our new baby(Lady).I have two standard poodles and they have been great with her.Mishka is a bit heavy handed and flips her over time after time,Diva dont bother with her much but manages the odd lecture.She stands above the wee one and barks,barks and barks!!! Im sure you will be fine.Are you going to use a crate for him?

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, dont worry, he might not like him at first but they will be fine, do you have any phots of yout little bruiser rocko.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Exciting times getting a new cockapoo puppy. Don't worry they make brilliant companions to older dogs. I've attached some pictures showing some of our pups with their new bigger friends.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with Rocko and seeing his pictures.

Julia

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all so much for your warm welcome its so lovely to have your feedback and advice,my son Sam and i had second thoughts about his name....just kept looking at his photo we took yesterday and we decided that he looks like a "Henry"...so our little boy is now coming home tomorrow... will post some photos as soon as he enters his new home...my son is sooooooooooooooooooo excited.
Thanks again
P.S All your dogs look sooooooooooo cute.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Well I thoroughly approve of your name change it's my own son's name! Welcome Suzie and Henry. I have had my new pup Dexter for just one day and we are all besotted with him!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Tessy
Thanks for that,yes it feels so much better with him being called Henry, we also considered the name Dexter as it is such a nice name,but our 'enry looks like H.Cooper the boxer with saggy jouls :) your pup looks so beautiful,cant wait to post some photos later today of our boy.
Enjoy the bank holiday weekend...i am looking forward to lots of sleepless nights!!!!!
Suzanne.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey welcome, dont worry, he might not like him at first but they will be fine, do you have any phots of yout little bruiser rocko.
hi
what a adorable photo of your lads....hopefully one day Henry will just lay around like that!!! picking him up this morning,so excited....looking forward to the sleepless nights! NOT, have a great bank holiday weekend.
Suzanne.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Good luck Suzi... look forward to your posts when you get chance and pics of little 'enry !! Great that there are so many new pups at the same time, to share experiences x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts