I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So took Vincent for his very first vet visit today. He was fine right until the big mean vet stuck a needle in him (actually the vet was so lovely :) such nice staff).
Vincent cried and cried and jumped right up on me and my boyfriend and was too scared to move. Poor love <3

He met a little 12 week old lab who was having her last injections... he wanted to go say hi to her straight away, although she was so scared of him! (he was half her size!)

He got a lot of attention from people though all wanting to say hi, I was so proud xD It confirms that cockapoos are the cutest doggies ever!

Just dreading the 12 week visit.... microchip time. The vet said if he didn't like the one today he was going to HATE the microchip one :(

But anyways, I have a healthy puppy and I couldn't be happier!!

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
did the vet give treats while the injection was going on???
Lady cried for only one injection and it was not the chipping one, so he could be fine....just make sure you keep calm, he will feed off of your energy, and bring lots of nummy treats to try and keep his mind off the little pinch.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we had brought treats ourselves so the vet didn't get any out. didn't help one bit :(

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Oh that is too bad, the only thing I can suggest is maybe making sure it is a super yummy treat that he has only ever had a few times...like a high reward treat. and maybe a little ice pack to numb the area prior to.
some pups just like humans are more sensitive than others.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he loves hot dogs but been using them as a reward in training.... and I think I over did it as he had a bad tum yesterday, and apparently killer farts today :eek:

I think next time I might make some honey glazed ham for him (and maybe a bit for me too!!)

He got a super special dinner tonight though of a Wainrights pouch for puppies.... chicken, rice and veg. He LOVED it :D

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
honey glazed ham might just do the trick!!!! and if not, just lots of cuddles afterwards.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heehee yeah he definatly got the cuddles :p
Today he seems fine, although pretty sleepy which the vet warned us could happen. We think he might have got a little bruise as last night he refused to let us stroke his back. He is a serious cry baby (but we love him for it!!)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Ah Vincent - you are a match for Treacle she yelps and howls and screams the place down!
Its unusual for them to feel pain but I think some dogs just hate them!:(
The nurses are always surprised at how much she cries - but she obviously feels it bless her!
The micro chip will be hard for you to watch - might be best you leave him for the deed and then straight back to you for cuddles!
It takes two nurses to hold Treacle whilst number 3 tries to inject her!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh no!
I think Vincent didn't like the feeling - maybe it's uncomfortable. I hate needles too, whenever I have a blood test they tell me it'll be a pinch but it certainly doesn't feel that way!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Barney did exactly the same... howled, yelped, and climbed up my chest with a desperate look on his face. He refused the treats but I encouraged him to eat them as I wanted him to end it on a positive thought!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts