I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
George won 3 months of James Wellbeloved food in the cutiest puppy competition at Burghley, any ideas what to do with it, he is on NI, so will probably have to give away

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
George won 3 months of James Wellbeloved food in the cutiest puppy competition at Burghley, any ideas what to do with it, he is on NI, so will probably have to give away
Why not donate it to a local dog rescue?

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Why not donate it to a local dog rescue?
a lot of rescues refuse to take donations of dry food as it is possible for people to put something in it that would make to dogs sick. they would just have to inject the bag and the dry food would soak it up.

our local one only accepts tins. but i suppose its worth asking.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a lot of rescues refuse to take donations of dry food as it is possible for people to put something in it that would make to dogs sick. they would just have to inject the bag and the dry food would soak it up.

our local one only accepts tins. but i suppose its worth asking.
Gosh how sad!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Our local Tescos usually has a bin out to buy and then donate pet food,but not sure where it goes, you could ask. Wonder if RSPCA would have the same concerns that Kendal stated x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
our local one is the dogs trust and it was my trainer who told me about them only taking tind food as we were donating food around christmas.

i think its things that ised to happen some sick people trying to kill dogs in rehoming centers, and they dont want to take the risk. but you could always call up and ask if they take un opend dry food donations.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Jayne contact a local dog rescue and explain how you get the food and your reasons for not having a use for it. I think you will find someone gratefully to receive your donation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts