I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

There have been threads in the past where some people have indicated that they'd be interested in rehoming an older Cockapoo puppy. So thought I'd post this for those who haven't seen it already:

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/104874010/cockapoo-puppy-dog-5-months-old.html

There's no mention of PRA or other health tests and I find it a bit strange that there's no photo but might be worth investigating.

Turi x

Why was I researching Cockapoo puppies when I've found a breeder? Because I've becoming Poo-obsessed like the rest of you :eek:!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Turi,

We have always said we would look at rehoming a cockapoo but there don't seem to be many around which I suppose is a good sign.

I've read that advert and I might give the guy a call. I'm a bit worried as to why he is trying to re home his sisters dog rather than her! There could be a very genuine reason and I'm just reading too much into it!

Anna x

·
Banned
1,983 Posts
Hi Turi,

We have always said we would look at rehoming a cockapoo but there don't seem to be many around which I suppose is a good sign.

I've read that advert and I might give the guy a call. I'm a bit worried as to why he is trying to re home his sisters dog rather than her! There could be a very genuine reason and I'm just reading too much into it!

Anna x
Go and have a look Anna, you'll quickly work out if it's genuine or not. Good luck.

Julia

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Turi,

I spoke to the chap yesterday afternoon and he was very mice but he didn't have that much information on the puppy which made me a little nervous. It was his sisters and she has had to move away for work reasons and he can't keep the dog. He has several working dogs who he doesn't allow in his house and therefore it's not fair for him to keep the puppy in there. Didn't seem to go with the reason he advertised.

I asked what sort of cross he was and also which breeder did his sister get him from. He didn’t know and didn’t volunteer to find out! All he said was she paid a small fortune for him. He didn't ask me any questions as to our home life etc. Anyway I asked him to send me a picture and he did, he looks very cute but after a long discussions e have decided it’s a no for us! We both didn't feel comfortable with the whole thing.

I do hope he find him a suitable home!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Anna,

I completely understand your decision – I’d want to know more. MUCH more! I hope the puppy finds a good home soon...

Turi x

·
Registered
82 Posts
Cockapoo for sale.

Hi,
I suppose the other thing that should be considered is if the Poo has been stolen. You hear a lot about stolen dogs on Twitter and I suppose the way to get rid of it is to claim it's your sisters who is in hospital/holiday/working abroad and you know nothing about it.
Rocky

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.