I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Just got beautiful cockapoo puppy Bailey last week, love her to bits. Just wondering if the puppies shed until they get their adult coat as she is shedding and here coat is very bitty on her back. She is an F1B with cockerpoo mum and minature poodle dad and has hazel eyes and a brown nose which looks unusual. I would love to know what she is going to look like when she is bigger as she has very long legs also. Any advice greatly received on all issues - toilet training - lead training etc.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi Elaine and Bailey

Have you got a picture of Bailey you can post .. then we can have a look at the coat for you ... see what we think it will turn out like.

Generally Cockapoos are very low shedding and as Bailey is a F1b I would think she has a more curly coat, the curly the coat the less shedding usually.

What colour is Bailey.... I cant wait to see her ...

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Mable sheds slighty and her coat is more like hair thenWilfs which is like fur.. but like JoJo said being an F1b you would think her coat was less likely to shed and curlier. What type of coat did the mum have ?
Did you post before over getting her form England or am I getting mixed up with someone else? x

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
She is gorgeous!!Im surprised an f1b would shed unless it was an f1 b that was cockapoo x cocker then they would most definately moult.Its hard to tell with her being so young but none of my cockapoos shed any hair at that age,infact they dont moult at all unless they are due a clip then you may see the odd ball of fluff here and there.Are there allergies in your family at all?If not then id just wait and see how her coat developes,it may change as she gets older,looks like she has the poodles long legs xxx

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
She is so sweet... lovely colour ... she definitely has the poodle build, legs and body, although her face looks more cocker to me... only time will tell with her coat, but at the moment it looks like it may be the straighter type with a slight wave, but hey what do I know and she is only 9 weeks old .. so much growing and developing still to do .....I was expecting a much tighter curl from a F1b with cockapoo mum and mini poodle dad.. ... let me show you my dog Oakley when he was 7 weeks old ... he is a F2 with cockapoo mum and cockapoo dad.. but his coat is more poodle than cocker.... see the tighter curls ... I hope this helps :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the info. Both my daughter and I have allergies but we had a fabulous blue roan cocker spaniel called Luke for 11 years until last december when we had to have hime put down due to melanoma of the jaw and he did shed quite a bit. We are all still devestated by his loss, but I think Bailey will keep us all busy no matter whether she sheds or not. She is such a cutie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts