I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tucker has been part of our family for a week and things are going really well!
We get him up once in the night for pee/poo and then he settles back down. He is ready for bed around 8:30 and will lay at the top of the stairs until you take him down to bed! We get him up at 1:00-1:30 for potty and then he wakes again at around 5:00. He doesn’t want to go back to bed at that time but also isn’t really ready to get up for the day (neither are we)!
He usually gets up and pees/poops maybe plays a little bit, some snuggle time and then goes to sleep on the floor. I have tried to put him back to bed but that doesn’t work! He doesn’t eat right away when he gets up either. Usually not for a couple hours after that time.
What am I doing wrong?! I have to problem getting him up to pee in the night but how do I get him back for that last sleep in the early morning??

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Just give it time, still very early days and if he is going from 8.30 until 5am with one break that is actually pretty good.

Is he crated? Not sure quite what you mean by the difference between him going to sleep on the floor and will not go back to bed?

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Maybe try settling him back in there with a kong to play with or similar and he can then fall back asleep with that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts