I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Cara doesn't have a thick coat yet. With the bad weather coming & winter I'm wondering about getting her a coat. Needs to be subtle otherwise Derek will never walk her, warm, waterproof and help her not get so mucky.

Any recommendations?

K xx

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Have a look on ebay they do some good deals.

Monty has a weatherbeta coat which is great as waterproof on outside and nice warm padded inner, good quality and I would recommend them.

Milly has a tartan coat by Ancol which cover her chest part- but madam gets it sooooo dirty.

Millys first coat as a puppy was a pink one with a princess crown emblem on the side. Hubby returned from a walk one today absolutely disgusted as madam had decided to launch herself on the ground and roll in poo. So her lovely new coat was covered in it :D:D:D

Hubby likes Milly in pink so wasn't tooo bad walking her but when Monty got his coat which is lilac tartan hubby was like not taking him out in that!!!

He does now though.:)

Monty loves wearing his coat he does what I call his Poodle prance.

Milly is a tomboy who couldn't give a stuff what she wears as she has a liking for puddles and mud.

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
I just ordered a Pet Range one like Julie.

If you want to sell the idea of a coat tell him that the coat will prevent that wet doggy smell in the car/house. ;)

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Aw I'm loving the fashionable doggies :D
We were thinking of getting Vincent a coat, although he LOVES to be wet x_x

·
Registered
720 Posts
Said I would never walk a dog in a coat, not macho enough. Now I walk two, why should I be dry and warm and not the dogs. But be prepared to wash then regular because, just because they have coats on it doesn't stop them jumping in MUD.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Izzy has a coat like Millie's, which she wears in pouring rain. She also has an equafleece which is superb for the winter as it covers more of the body, is very flexible and is waterproof and stops most of her undercarriage getting muddy or salty in the snow.

Izzy in her equafleece:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direct. Sorry Izzy but the fleece is not going to happen ..... I could never get Derek to take Cara for a walk in one of those .... You do look cute though!

K xx

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Molly has a coat which came from Pets at Home - they do red and black or slightly less noticeable grey and black. We only called in for a look and I tried the coats on and thought the smallest size was a perfect fit for her.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I got maggie a Danish designs coat from pet365 in black. She seems to take ages to dry off after a walk in the rain which is why I got it bit I also like the fact that it has reflective stitching, with maggie being black I worry about her bot being seen when the dark nights come in. Emma x

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Before I can get Dylan a coat, I have to work out how to keep him out of the river. I don't think a saturated coat will be a benefit :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
i love my girls equifleece and requisit coats, i also use pawz rubber boots for my girls as it stops the snow getting inbetween their pads.

they can also move realy well in them too

http://youtu.be/BcCyDIZBYHI

this was my girls in the snow last year, what is on their gegs is normaly also on their paws and they cant walk, but with the boots they can walk fine.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Izzy has a coat like Millie's, which she wears in pouring rain. She also has an equafleece which is superb for the winter as it covers more of the body, is very flexible and is waterproof and stops most of her undercarriage getting muddy or salty in the snow.

Izzy in her equafleece:

Aw love little Izzy in her coat. Think I might have to get one of those as well!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just bought equafleece jumper to stop Hatti getting so wet and muddy on her under body.She likes it better than other coat as it does not have velcro,what she did not like noise when being taken off.

·
Registered
858 Posts
We have Izzy's dog suit for Luna! She looks scummy in it & loves wearing it so I can only assume it's because she knows it keeps her warm & dry. Today it was sunny but very cold & wet but after the walk only her head, tail & feet were wet - the rest was soft and dry. We love it!! Worth every penny.

PS Kendal - those snow boots sound good

1 - 20 of 27 Posts