I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The twins and I are on vacation (will post pictures/videos on a post once I'm home) but wanted to share a great story.

Today Lexi and I helped Beemer conquer a fear.

Beemer hates getting his feet wet. But when we cross some water to get to the sandbar, Beemer came to a halt. No coaxing, walking away would work. So Lexi went back and nipped him in the neck and collar and led him across the little bits of water. When we crossed ankle deep water, Beemer needed a little more help. Lexi went back and forth across the water to get him to come over. But he stayed frozen a few feet from the side. Then a little chihuahua mix came over to help him across too. Beemer took a few steps and then stopped again. So I went over and hooked him on the leash, and the three of us walked together with Beemer across the water. Then that was it. He wasn't splashing his way like Lexi but he did it on his own again and again. Beemer loves the sand and he loves being on a sandbar. Now the water doesn't get in his way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Yay go Beemer!

You may live to regret this - I see a future for Beemer involving mud and lots of it!
(Are you moving any time soon to a cooler and wetter state?!)

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Marzi my goal is to someday be right next to a beach these guys can frolic off leash. Until then, I'm not too sure about the mud. Washed half the beach Lexi decided to bring with her on her belly. I can't imagine mud.

Oh but did get the joys of smelling than scrubbing off the clam they decided to crack open then rub all over themselves with. Lots and lots of shampoo to get that smell out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts