I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am so glad I found this forum. My 10 month old cockerpoo Scooby is going in for her first haircut next week and I'm alittle nervous. She has a beautiful long wavy coat, but unfortunately just recently I have been really struggling keeping up with the ever growing Matting. And with the weather changing now, everytime we walk she comes home with half of the woods tangled in her fur. I've done my best at grooming that I can but it's not been good enough and now my sweet little girl has to many knots to speak of... our groomer whom grooms our bitch ( bodhi), is a wonderful caring lady and I know she will do a great job with Scooby. Yet Bodhi has quite short wirery fur, and dosent need shaving. Scooby is definitely going to have to be shaved and j just dont know what to expect?? I know scooby will be happier afterwards so it will all be worth it, but I cant help but feel alittle anxious as some of the mats are close to the skin and I am hoping to god she wont need to be scalped!! Any words of wisdom or experience would be much appreciated.馃槉

Registered
If there are matts close to the skin the groomer will have no choice but to shave under them. Just think how uncomfortable they will currently be pulling on skin and maybe look out a coat for the first few days after grooming. Will soon grow back!

Registered
Hi Scoobyloo, I feel your pain. Matter of fact, this was my first post to the forum 4 years ago! :) It is so difficult to let go of that adorable Puppy fur, but once the adult coat comes in so does the matting. And it is difficult to take care of unless you brush every single day. I tried and it was a losing battle. So our Gus goes to the Groomer and gets a "Puppy" cut that my groomer and I "designed" over the past couple years to make him look his cutest. Now when he starts to get too long I can't wait for him to go in so I can see his pretty brown eyes and get those long ears rounded back like a puppy.

Gus smiling in South Carolina 2019.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts