I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and chose my gorgeous black puppy on monday and pick him up next wednesday. Time is going so slowly. Lots of discussions re names going on at the moment in our house but no def decisions made yet! My boys don't know that I've found a puppy and can't wait to see their faces when they see him.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have found a lady very near to us in Gloucestershire who was really lovely. Had an advert in pets 4 homes so it really is worth keeping checking the ads. Thought I was going to end up having to travel hundreds of miles to get my pup which I would have done but makes it difficult to go more than once with the cost of fuel!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Oooo, the name game... what have you come up with so far. A black dog... I can think of a few:

Darcy – descendant of the dark-haired one – Irish
Jette – jet black – Latin
Nero – dark/black-haired – Latin (Roman emperor whose name means black)
Kuro – black – Japanese
Ember
Zorro – He dressed in black didn’t he?
Guiness
Domino

Turi x

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Oooo, the name game... what have you come up with so far. A black dog... I can think of a few:

Darcy – descendant of the dark-haired one – Irish
Jette – jet black – Latin
Nero – dark/black-haired – Latin (Roman emperor whose name means black)
Kuro – black – Japanese
Ember
Zorro – He dressed in black didn’t he?
Guiness
Domino

Turi x

Darcy is my daughter's name! She was born with a shock of black hair and looked just like a doll. Her middle name is Brenna - Raven haired beauty. The funny thing is, she is the only one of my children who has not retained very dark hair. She's a definite mid brown!

Karen xx

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Karen, what a beautiful name. I love androgynous names! I think you and I have similar taste in names – before we met yours Marcus and I had considered ‘Rufus’, which of course we won’t use now :)

Turi x

·
Registered
322 Posts
Oh and names

Jack as in black jack
Solo and/or soloman
Indy as in indigo

But best boy dog name has to be Elvis

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Darcy is my daughter's name! She was born with a shock of black hair and looked just like a doll. Her middle name is Brenna - Raven haired beauty. The funny thing is, she is the only one of my children who has not retained very dark hair. She's a definite mid brown!

Karen xx
Darcey is my daughters name too! We spell hers with an 'e' after the ballerina Darcey Bussell. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great name suggestions that I'd never thought of. Will have to run those by the others. No chocolate pups in this litter Adam. Just 2 black and 1 apricot, all boys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts