I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Today i fell in love with the cockapoo :D up until 2 pm we oohed and awwed over cockapoo pictures , but after our very informative visit to Jukee Doodles (massive thanks Julia & Stephen ) we have decided that a cockapoo is definitely the pup for us ! Things that surprised us, we loved the adult cockapoo just as much as the 7 week old puppies (im sure you find that in some breed of dogs that the pups are incredibly cute but as adults there's something lacking ) We loved the feel of the adults coat (not sure what we were expecting it to feel like ) but loved it just the same . There were lots of stuff we liked but i suppose you all know that, seeing as you are all cockapoo owners :).. there's just something about them that ticked my box .
We are hopefully going to see a hobby breeder soon for comparison .
Julie x

·
Registered
219 Posts
I agree with you, Julia and Stephen give brilliant information about the breed. They are so open and honest about their setup it's a full 'cards on the table' experience that me and the other half really appreciated.
During our visit we met several adult cockapoos, from returning owners picking up second puppies, which was fortunate for my OH Paul who had never seen one. Everytime I saw one before then I had been alone and he didnt really know why I was so determined to have one!
The adults are just as stunning as the puppies!
Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I have never met an adult cockapoo but thats to this forum I was able to see so many beautiful doggies and I fell in love with the breed even before I saw any pups!!

That and my nickname is Poo :eek: it seemed perfect!!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
So glad your visit was such a great success Julie, hopefully it won't be too long before your search for your perfect puppy is concluded :) Good luck, keep us posted :D

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Sounds like you had a really lovely day. How exciting that you have decided a cockapoo is definitely for you. I know how you feel. I researched for ages trying to work out which breed of dog I wanted and when a fell across a cockapoo - that was it. :love-eyes:

Have you put your name down for a JD puppy? :D:D:D

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Glad you had a great cockapoo experience... but then we knew you would... I might pretend to be a new prospective owner just so i can go to JD land for the afternoon .. cockapoo lovers heaven :D:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like you had a really lovely day. How exciting that you have decided a cockapoo is definitely for you. I know how you feel. I researched for ages trying to work out which breed of dog I wanted and when a fell across a cockapoo - that was it. :love-eyes:

Have you put your name down for a JD puppy? :D:D:D
:D:D:D not yet but just composing my email as we speak :)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Good to hear you are comparing breeders ... there are some great breeders out there in all sizes, big to one off breeders, but also some not so good, and fab news you are cockapoo'ed too .. fabulous breed that is for sure .. do your research and fall in love with your chosen puppy, when you find your chosen breeder xxx

·
Registered
897 Posts
We had a fabulous time when we went to pick up Cara and instantly fell in love. Fantatic set up at JDs, open, honest, trusting, caring & surrounded by happy dogs. We live 2.5 hours away but would love to bring Cara back one day to meet her brother Yogi. Will bring homemade toblerone cheesecake!!

K xx

·
Registered
242 Posts
so glad you fell in love with the cockapoo! i think we would all love to go to JD's for the day, i like the sound of toblerone cheesecake too! :D

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I love cheesecake ... my friend makes Toblerone cheesecake .. I cant visit her too often .. I eat far too much ... oh no you are making me hungry ...

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Glad you had a great cockapoo experience... but then we knew you would... I might pretend to be a new prospective owner just so i can go to JD land for the afternoon .. cockapoo lovers heaven :D:D
Think you may find this hard now that you've publicly revealed your plan :D!!!

Turi x

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Guy's drop me a line to say when you'll be here........chatting to visitors is the only time we get to sit down LOL J xx

1 - 20 of 37 Posts