I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...I need all my crazy cockapoo friends advice.
So I have been looking for a puppy....well this little boy is needing to be re-homed as the people just couldn't handle a puppy with 2 dogs and 4 cats already...so he is needing a new home. he is 6 months old.
I would be able to meet him to check his temperment and bring lady along too to see if they get along.
What do we all think...I was really wanting a girl, and something interesting coloured...I have a big heart and hate to think of any dog not having a home, but is this going to get me into trouble in the long run?? is it better for Lady to be with a young puppy than with a 6 month old. I don't know what to do, I wish I had so much money to open a cockapoo rescue!!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
He's very cute! I'm not really sure what ages are best for dogs to meet if i'm honest :S
He's still young, & i'm guessing they've said they have proof of the parents tests for PRA and things? If you get to go and meet with Lady then maybe give it a try & see what you think? You can always go see without having to buy it even if it does seem like it would be okay, it could just be worth a visit & then sleep on it & have a chat see what you think :D Good luck Amanda! x

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Oh Mo, he is a cutie! I'm not surprised you are tempted. I say follow your gut instinct as only you know what you really want. It would be very tempting to rescue every dog you found but you have to be 100% sure it;s what you want. What do you know about the dog? Does he have any issues or undesirable habits? Can you commit to any re-training requirements if needed? I'm not sure about your age question, it doesn't seem to matter that much from others on here who have more than one.

It's a tough one. Follow your instinct and you will decide what's right for you. I think you are obviously keen on this gorgeous boy or you wouldn't have posted. If you just need some reassurance to go for it then you'll get it in bucket loads from us lot, I'm sure.

lots of love and :hug:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
oh god he is gorgeous!!!! I think you need to see how he gets on with Lady. i'm sure others can offer you more advice though but if you can rehome him that would be a lovely thing to do. x

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Oh Oh Oh - he is sooo cute. It may be a case of what wins - head or heart...
difficult decision for you Amanda but I am sure you will make the right one..

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I am a great believer in fate and you know what you have been looking for another puppy and you have been drawn to him.

Maybe you are going to be his forever new home and are the right owner as his current ones are just a stop gap till his proper mummy comes along.

6 months is fine and boy & girl combo is the best ;)

I would look into it and take it from there and do all your checks and meets with Lady.

Your asking- so you are already interested- go on give the boy a home you know you want to :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Bless his little poo shoes!!!! Well I would struggle to walk away from a rescue dog and if I could've found one when we were looking I would've gone down that route as there are so so many lovely dogs looking for homes. I actually felt quite guilty for buying a puppy :(
It always seems funny to me how many dogs find their owner rather than the other way around, may be this little guy has been sent your way for a reason;)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
First reaction ... he is so cute ...

Second reaction .. somethings as just meant to be .. that's how I have Honey and she is totally perfect ...

Third reaction .. health testing and Lady must meet him ..

Fourth reaction .. can he please join Lady as an adventuring Cockapoo :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hi Mo.
I would have him, but I think I would get into trouble with the other half.lol.
From Lady's last adventure I can see she likes to play with other dogs, The little dog is living with other dogs and the cats are a bonus as far as I'm concerned, (my brother has 3 cats and when we visit the cats hide in the woods. Poppy just chases them all over).
If lady gets on with the puppy, could you take the puppy for a weekend and see how they get on in your home. But be prepared for the frantic playing, this goes on in our house all the time and it just seems normal to me now. You will see straight way if they are going to be friends
Plus I would have him checked over the vet just to be on the safe side.
He looks loverly little boy in that picture, and I think you would give him a fantastic forever home.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Sound idea from Col, Mo, if you meet him with Lady and it goes well, then have him home for a visit, it would reassure you. Good luck :hug:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I keep looking at his gorgeous, happy little face!!

You'll know when you meet him and spend some time with him if it's meant to be.

x

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys I am so Torn, I think what you all are saying makes so much sence and thank you that is why I asked!
I was hoping for a girl, but sometimes fate does take charge.
I am still torn, and I worry that I lead too much with my heart and not with my head.

I will ask if they would be willing for him to come for a stay to see how things work out.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts