I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

Is it aggression or puppy behaviour she’ll grow out of?

• Aggression

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Puppy behaviour she’ll grow out of

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’ve had my 8 month miniature cockapoo for about 5 months now and she’s my first dog. After having her for 1 month, she started biting us. We thought it was just normal teething but as it carried on for a while it started to become naughtiness/aggression. The main issue is sometimes she attacks us but not in a way to really hurt us. She can jump very high up at us biting our clothes and tearing holes in all our clothes and bites our hands sometimes drawing a bit of blood and she growls at us while she does it. It comes out of nowhere without us doing anything to cause it, it’s like she just turns on us. Sometimes she roles over and scratched her back on the floor which also seems to wind herself up. Any help or ideas to why this happens would be great?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hard to know, but this sounds like wanting to play and get your attention. My dog often growls when he's playing and shaking his toys around, or wants me to play tug with him. It might really just be her way of saying "pay attention to me me me!" Growling isn't always aggression, but then again, I don't know your dog and can't observe the situation. Doesn't make the biting easier to take (mine still likes to chew on me) but you might feel better knowing you aren't actually being attacked, just play-bombed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts