I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wanted to ask if this was the "norm" Bailey bites Layla (our bulldog) on the face/ears legs well everywhere really, Layla attempts to bite him back but more softly she also makes growling noises and pins him down with her mouth around his neck area, sometimes it get's a bit mad and i have to seperate them, is this just playing or are they fighting (aggression) should i stop it.

Thanks Leanne x

· Registered
4,586 Posts
Sounds like playing, having a pup and older dog I would be confident in your bully's ability to keep pup in his place. It may sound noisy but even if she loses patience with him she will just give him a firm telling off rather than anything aggressive. She will teach him dome excellent doggy manners! :)

· Registered
2,590 Posts
I agree with the above, just playing :) My puppy does it all the time to my older girl!
Shes always chasing her round biting her legs, her ears and her tail, poor Izzie! They both play growl at each other all the time as well, but they're not hurting each other, I think we'd know if they were :)

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankyou for your replies, i did worry about the obsessive biting from bailey (poor layla takes alot of ear chewing from him) but tbh they sleep side by side in front of the fire so i think i'l start to relax a bit now (will he calm down a little as gets older older or should i just get used to it) lol xx

· Registered
2,008 Posts
Whenever Buddy has his friends over he hangs off they're ears!! and they are always rolling around play fighting he's nearly 1 and is still pretty full on,my friends 3 year old still play fights alot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.