I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Tosca absolutely loves chasing balls and jumping - so I've started to think we should start some agility or flyball training with him. Has anyone else tried it? And are cockapoos usually good at it?! I'm sure the springy cocker in him would love it, not so sure about the 'poo'....

He's 9 months old now, and our local agility group says you can join from a year old - so I also want to try him out on some simple agility before then to see how he goes - has anyone got any top tips?

Thanks cockapoo fans!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Come on Mandy and Colin waiting patiently for your posts lol x x x
I think you should go for it Kendal you could have a team lol
I also think Tosca would love it x

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Come on Mandy and Colin waiting patiently for your posts lol x x x
I've just finished an 8 week introductory agility course with Flo and she is fab, so quick to learn and so quick... trouble is I can't keep up. I pulled a thigh muscle last week trying to get to the end of the dog walk before she did so I could get her into a down on the contact point and spent the rest of the sessions limping. I'm thinking of switching to flyball so I'm not required to run but the nearest registered team is a 40 minute drive away. I'll probably keep going to agility for the moment and will let you know how it goes. Colin has much more experience...

The thread I've been posting to is here http://ilovemycockapoo.com/showthread.php?t=1231&highlight=agility

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone - you have reassured me that cockapoos love agility! I'll phone the trainer and see if there's anything we can be doing to get ready for classes in a couple of months...

Plus, it sounds like this will be much better than joining a gym for me to get fit - hurrah!

·
Registered
720 Posts
See if there is any dog shows or dog rescue events in your area they normally have agility and flyball have a go arenas. They are good fun and Tosca would love the attention from all the people asking is that a Cockerpoo.:love-eyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts