I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
ooooo neat! can't wait to hear how she likes it,....I would love to get lady into it one day

·
Registered
818 Posts
You'll love it! :) My and 'Lo went through about four classes, she was really really good at it but I ran out of money lol. It's really fun though, for the human and the dog!

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's great fun! I took Milo to intro to agility class, and later took him to an agility for fun class. He's pretty good at it when he wants to be LOL.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Gypsy loved it, i have jumps, tunnels and weves but not used them in about 2 years, realy should get back into it.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i bought three jumps and a tunnel for the garden, Izzy loves it and it is keeping me fit! Hubby plans to build a few home made additions.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I can feel some youtube videos coming on, preferably of the dogs and not owners doing slalems and tunnels lol x

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Limbering up all ready for the first agility lesson tomorrow. Have treats, a new toy, whistle at the ready and even lost 3lbs last week! Will let you know how I get on when I get back tomorrow. It will probably just be a complete hoot with dogs tearing around all over the place as their untrained owners try to persuade them to comply. I often feel like the trainer is desperately trying to train the owners and not the dogs when going to any classes. He'll probably see the potential in Flo and think 'if only I could get my hands on that lovely dog without the dippy, inconsistent, crazy women in tow'.

Oh my - just noticed that I've turned into a 'senior cockapoo', how depressing. What's the next status!!!!!

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
LOL!!! Mandy too funny,
I can't wait to hear how it goes! keep me posted.
And 3 pounds in one week..way to go!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi yes FIFI loves doing Agility and has a hoop to jump through and a tunnel and slalom poles (if thats what you call them!). She is great at jumping through the hoop and going through the tunnel, we taught her ourselves and she loves it. Tracyxx

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First agility session done and it was really interesting. The trainer was great as he just got stuck in and by the end of the first 45 minute lesson introduced all the dogs to a jump, tunnel, ramp and weave pools. Just 6 dogs in the group so we all got plenty of time at each piece of equipment. All the dogs had a good level of obedience which he was really pleased about as they all had sound wait, sit and down commands which meant he could concentrate on familiarising them with the equipment. He uses a white lid a lot and puts the lid with a treat at the end of the ramp so that the dog learns to focus on the lid and pause at the contact point before taking the treat when told to. It was also good to have a toy or ball they will run for which was used to bring them out of the tunnel and weave poles quickly by throwing the ball/toy as they came to the end. Can't wait for the next session. Flo was the smallest dog bless her and the group we were in and the next group that came along afterwards were all collies + 1 gsd and 1 lab.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
thats simeler to what we were taught, dog walk, A frame and seasaw(Gypsy didnt like that one) they had to down so they wouldn jump the contact point.

glad it went well, where is the video lol

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
glad it went well, where is the video lol
Are you kidding - keep the dog under control while doing agility and film it as I go? Now where is that third hand I always hoped for when juggling a toddler and a baby (I don't literally mean juggling). Once I've had a few lessons I'll get one of my boys to come along with a camera and take a video.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts