I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped Betty at the vets this morning as she is having intradermal allergy testing today to see if they can find out what is causing her scratching.
After having a chat with the vet nurse Betty was then taken through to the
treatment area...I expected to hear 'the bark that can shatter glass' at full blast... but nothing... she just trotted off without a backward glance... there's loyalty:)
These tests are not always very conclusive but I'm hoping they will at least point me in the right direction.
They have to shave a patch in Betty's side to do the test Ggrr.....just when I had got her coat to a nice length:(:( I know it will grow and will be worth it if it comes up with some answers..
Picking her up at 6.30pm... I will let you know the results tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hope you get some answers soon Colin. I dont know what is worse, them trotting off without a backwards glance or having to be dragged off yodelling. I felt the same with Paul at nursery. Cheery wave and bye Mum, humph!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL.... Betty actually pulls on her lead to get IN to the Vets...she loves it there
(probably all the attention she gets....the little attention seeker she is!!)..
but it's is much better than her being scared!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi Colin ... thinking of you and of course Betty today .. you are doing the right thing for Betty .. at least you will know after the test results come back, I know how much this is worrying you .. JoJo hugs coming your way

By the way I know how you feel about shaving Betty's coat, as my dogs had to be shaved on their neck when taking bloods for Optigen, ahh seeing Honey's pink skin, love her .... at least when they were hip scored I had the choice to shave them or to just injected them in the bottom area ... I opted for bottom area :S

·
Registered
466 Posts
Good luck Betty, Bertie and I will keep everything crossed that the tests do find out what's causing her to scratch and then treatment can start and she'll soon be itch free. Perhaps you could start a new hair trend and shave a patch off the other side and she can have a mohawk type doo running down her back :)

Clare and Bertie x

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck Betty, Bertie and I will keep everything crossed that the tests do find out what's causing her to scratch and then treatment can start and she'll soon be itch free. Perhaps you could start a new hair trend and shave a patch off the other side and she can have a mohawk type doo running down her back :)

Clare and Bertie x
Thanks Clare...yes might need to get creative!!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Nothing shallow about loving your cockapoos gorgeous coat ... the coat texture and colour is an important element of the breed... which we were all drawn to when decided to get a cockapoo .. along with character, size and low shedding .. and pure cuteness :)

Colin it will grow back but I did need to clip Honey's coat shorter to even it out xxx

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
awww!! I think betty would look beautiful in something with Ruffles!!!! lol she is gorgeous no matter what....Poor betty all that you have been through!
and I hope you get to the bottom of the allergy testing...if it is anything like human allergy testing, she will be fine and comfortable...then agitated if they find the source of the allergy....I am allergic to all nuts...not fun to be tested.
She will be fine as it is completely painless!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.