I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Need to vent!!!

Picture this I'm in the kitchen cooking up some new doggy treats (see the thread below) and Derek says "hasn't she been chilled out off upstairs for a shower sweetheart". Back door has been open all day so she can pop out for a toilet visit when she wants.

I'm waiting for the oven to beep thinking my it's quiet only to hear the scurry of puppy feet and see this blur of white & brown dash to the lounge. I follow at a pace to catch the wee might thinking oh god is she hurt. Then I see the more brown & white blur wizzing around the sofa. Called in hubby back who caught her.

Next stop for me the sink with one very mucky puppy while Derek investigates the scene of her dig (no more time team for her to watch on TV).

Derek heads back to the shower, I dry off Cara and shut the door so she can't continue her excavations for buried treasure, oven is now beeping like crazy. Cara now thinks it's great wet puppy sliding across the hallway I get her to stop that & she heads to scratch the back door mat (no 2 mat the other got scratched & chewed).

Oven beeps again I head to get the doggy treats out .... She poops on the utility floor!!!!!

Cara now in the hall, Derek still in shower, I'm in the kitchen with the door shut, can't take looking in the lounge ..... Cream carpet!!!!

Wine ..... Where is the wine ....

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
It always happens at once doesn't it! Enjoy your wine and get Derek to clean the carpet! :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh no .... Now got a hubby who's throwing up & Cara has just wee'd on floor looked at me and ran into the lounge!!!!

Still not had the wine ... Thank goodness I get to go to work tomorrow....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Perhaps it's time to check out wooden flooring .............

Not only easy to clean but slippery and slows them down, easier to catch:D

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Yep sink a bottle .. it may help .. I think ...

I hope all is calmer tomorrow ... happy puppy days hey :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That carpet survived 4 years with our last dog - 7.5st german shepherd who constantly moulted & had anal furunculosis. Cara's been here 7 weeks and it's looking rather worse for it. As for hard floors she's worked out they might be slippy but when muddy& wet you go faster on the slide which means she can avoid capture!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder if we had them all in the same place, could understand cockapoo language what they would be saying ...... Cockapoo Camp .....

My sweet little "angel" is stretched out on her bed in her cage fast asleep. I'm shattered!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts