I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I think she may be a chocolate merle ...

Merle gives a mottled and speckled coat appearance...

It looks like her darker patches are dark brown and the lighter patched are tan / light brown...

Pretty girl xxx

MandyM help me out .. MandyM knows about merle coats

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have posted another pic but from the front again, if you look at her legs you can see much lighter colour, i just think she is so pretty:)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Basically a merle pattern gives a speckled / mottled effect and an uneven pattern ... it is unusual and a very attractive coat .. the merle gene comes from the cocker side of the breeding I believe...

I may have it completely wrong but by looking at the pics in the gallery that would be my guess..

This may help you too ... an article about coat colours from my blog:

http://www.mydogslife.co.uk/2011/07/05/colour-variations-of-cockapoo-coats/

She is lovely .. you must love her to bits :)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Now from that pic she looks like she could be tricolour which would be Tan, Black and White - 3 colour...

or even Sable .. you will need to look at her coat closely, look at an individual hair shaft and see if the hair is light i.e. tan nearer the skin but the hair shaft will have a dark i.e. black at the tip ... I hope that makes sense.. basically the shaft of the hair will be light and the tip of the hair will be darker ...

http://ilovemycockapoo.com/showthread.php?t=1740&highlight=coat+colour

this is a good thread and shows Kendal sable girl ....MandyM's merle girl and Janice or Sarah's tan and black pups too .. see what you think xx

Whatever .. she is beautiful .. that is for sure :)

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
I think that you will find that she is a dark sable........very very beautiful.

Here are some pictures of our chocolate sable girl Woodetta at about 5 weeks old and now at about 10 weeks old, see how the coat has changed already.

Do keep posting pictures of your beautiful Coco, it will be fascinating to see how her coat develops.

Julia x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Bring in MandyM .... she's our gal ...

It is hard to tell from the pics .. but Coco could be sable, merle or a tri .. how exciting :)

I love the whole colour colour topic ....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi jo jo got your message think i sent it back to you would love you to add coco will sort it out asap xx

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Bring in MandyM .... she's our gal ...

It is hard to tell from the pics .. but Coco could be sable, merle or a tri .. how exciting :)

I love the whole colour colour topic ....
i definitely say Sabel as both Tri and Meral are very obvious at birth from what i have seen. i think this is now sylvias second Sable puppy that i know of.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Any tri colour I've seen are more defined colour patches ... like Treacle and Dexter and I think he's called Stanley... I'd go with Sable but am I making it up does Brindle exist in the cockapoo world ;)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Just a questions .. doesnt Nadines Treacle look phantom markings or would we say tri .. I kind of need to know this .. :S :S help me Kendal and Karen ... oh I have a head full of colours and marking .. think I need a cuppa ha ha ha .. my head bursting ... ha ha ha

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Just a questions .. doesnt Nadines Treacle look phantom markings or would we say tri .. I kind of need to know this .. :S :S help me Kendal and Karen ... oh I have a head full of colours and marking .. think I need a cuppa ha ha ha .. my head bursting ... ha ha ha
phantom as i know it is like the black and tan but replace the tan with a silver colour and you have phantom

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Like Dylan fades at the edges....... I was wondering if Coco was brindle ??? but would put my money on sable otherwise. Would love to see a sable roan cockapoo as a sable roan cocker is devine :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts