I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the puppy info that ive read up till now its said to have a 'regular buckle collar' until 16 weeks - so as its fast approaching (Tuesday!) i'm wondering what other types of 'collar' are there??? :confused: Current one is just a 'Pets at home' jobby that came with a 'matching lead'!!??? (- my kids arent this well co-ordinated, in fact nor am I???)
How else do collars do up? (Sorry i warned you it was a daft question!) I have to say the plastic buckle on the collar has worried me recently when she pulls on the lead - fear of it popping undone :eek: But thankfully it hasnt as yet - 'touch wood' (- no, not 'Torchwood'!)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I always used a puppy collar to start with, which works like a buckle but you can make holes for the buckle as the puppy grows. Now I use thicker collars, still soft but with a plastic push in buckle connection, ok I am not good at describing these ha ha ha

Some owners prefer leather, nylon, padded collars etc .. it really is a matter of choice and of course a good fit.

I hope this helps a little bit :S

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
In the puppy info that ive read up till now its said to have a 'regular buckle collar' until 16 weeks - so as its fast approaching (Tuesday!) i'm wondering what other types of 'collar' are there??? :confused: Current one is just a 'Pets at home' jobby that came with a 'matching lead'!!??? (- my kids arent this well co-ordinated, in fact nor am I???)
How else do collars do up? (Sorry i warned you it was a daft question!) I have to say the plastic buckle on the collar has worried me recently when she pulls on the lead - fear of it popping undone :eek: But thankfully it hasnt as yet - 'touch wood' (- no, not 'Torchwood'!)
I would have thought they meant an ordinary collar with a buckle rather than a slip lead, quick release or choke chain (not that you would want that but I guess they have to say these things!). Most regular buckle collars are soft and secure and all that is needed when the pups are little. The one I have has a metal buckle and is a fabric Ancol one but I am ordering a rolled leather collar as these do not matt the neck hair as much as flat collars.

Here is a wiki page describing collar types;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_collar

Hope this helps

Sarah

1 - 3 of 3 Posts