I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
George has been with us a week now and things are good. Would be lying if I didn't say how tired I am though lol. Had first walkies today and he was a star, even sat at the kerbs and crossing. Loves his food, responds to his name, and didn't cry at all in his crate last night! Started the week off getting up with him at 5 and now we are up to 6.30am, so pleased with that. Just look so rough from the lack of sleep and all the running around after him in the day, but it's worth it:D

·
Registered
858 Posts
Aah Jayne that sounds good. Not the lack of sleep, but the fact Gorgeous George appears to be settling in so well, bless him. I can't wait for our first walk with Luna, which luckily for us will be only a few days after we get her so we shouldn't have to wait too long! Not that you can go that far...

Having a puppy definitely sounds like having a newborn baby. Lack of sleep and non stop all day but totally worth it :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sounds like you all are adjusting nicely! Isn't it so nice now that he's sleeping a bit later!?! Ahh...it's the small things in puppyhood that make you happy! :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aah Jayne that sounds good. Not the lack of sleep, but the fact Gorgeous George appears to be settling in so well, bless him. I can't wait for our first walk with Luna, which luckily for us will be only a few days after we get her so we shouldn't have to wait too long! Not that you can go that far...

Having a puppy definitely sounds like having a newborn baby. Lack of sleep and non stop all day but totally worth it :)
Yep , so like having a new baby! So much fun as well! We have only had a short walk up the road to my mums, past lots of traffic and noise, good job we had practised in the garden first. George also sits on command now, all this weeks hard work is paying off and he is a delight. Bet you can't wait to get Luna home.When do you get her:D

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yep , so like having a new baby! So much fun as well! We have only had a short walk up the road to my mums, past lots of traffic and noise, good job we had practised in the garden first. George also sits on command now, all this weeks hard work is paying off and he is a delight. Bet you can't wait to get Luna home.When do you get her:D
Oh what a good boy! It definitely pays to work hard with them. We get Luna on 13th Aug, but will visit her again on Saturday. When we visited to pay a deposit we thought we would only go a couple more times - to select and collect! By the time she comes home with us we would have been there 6 times!!! Must be love :)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Well done Jayne, GG is doing really well and you of course :D

As you say, its just like having another baby. But I still find it amazing that another animal can respond so well to us and really wants to interact. :D

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh what a good boy! It definitely pays to work hard with them. We get Luna on 13th Aug, but will visit her again on Saturday. When we visited to pay a deposit we thought we would only go a couple more times - to select and collect! By the time she comes home with us we would have been there 6 times!!! Must be love :)
Aw that's wonderful, they definitely steal your heart:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts