I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Stumbled across this site whilst researching and ( probably over researching) about Cockapoos. I am collecting a puppy this Saturday and can't wait but also a little nervous after reading some of the posts about the sleepless nights!!. She is a little champagne coloured girl and I have spent MANY MANY hours trying to come up with an original name but as of today she is still the pup with NO name. I am hoping that seeing her will give me the inspiration I have been searching for. I will post some pics ( if I can work out how to do it!!). Anyway great site and have learned more from you guys than all the other stuff put together::)

·
Registered
283 Posts
hi and welcome, i agree this is a fab site and helped me loads and still is, ive had my little girl just over 4 weeks and havent had a sleepless night yet, shes slept great, good luck with your new pup x x:)

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
hi there welcome to the forum.Its not easy picking a name but im sure you will find the perfect name for her soon.Where are you getting her from,do you have any pics? x

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi and :welcome:. I only joined a few weeks ago and this forum is brilliant - so much amazing knowledge and everyone's crazy about cockapoos!

We are looking for our future puppy - waiting for a litter to be born that we are really keen on ... the days are passing very slowly.

We have lots of boys names but are also struggling with girls names that we all agree on (should be the least of our worries as not even born yet :D). I'm sure the perfect name will come to you and that you have done lots of name searches on google!

Where are you collecting your puppy from and have you got any photos of her that we can all drool over please - Karen.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi there welcome to the forum.Its not easy picking a name but im sure you will find the perfect name for her soon.Where are you getting her from,do you have any pics? x
Hi

I'm getting her from a breeder near Manchester( Precious paws). They have until now only bred cocker spaniels. This is their first litters of cockerpoo's so it's anyones guess how she will turn out. Really can't fathom how to add a pic:confused:

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Check older threads - I am completely useless at anything techy, but someone has posted a "how to" guide for photobucket and I managed to do it!
Oh and :welcome: to the forum, I haven't bothered with puppy books, everyone here is so helpful :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi, I had a lovely chat with Anita from Precious Paws when we began our search - the puppies looked beautiful, but we were too late for this litter as they had been reserved. She also does dog grooming and doggy holidays so you will have a hairdresser and babysitter all ready and waiting :D

Hope you can work out how to upload photos as I would love to see which puppy to chose - Karen.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, cant wait to hear more about puppy no name and seeing photos.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi there,

use photobucket to add pics, there is a thread on here which is reqally easy to follow, if I can add pics then anyone can.

I can't wait to see pics of your soon to be puppy.... cockapoos are a lovely breed, you have made a great choice :)

Enjoy the forum xxx

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Hi and welcome
This is a brilliant site, very knowlegeable people about.
We had a couple of names in mind when going to collect our puppy, but when we bought her home she just seemed like a Millie, so all pre thought of names failed :(

We were very lucky, no sleepless nights, have no idea why, just luck I guess :)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
My daughter and I had agreed on "Lottie" for a girl - but now the boys say they don't like it and we're trying to find something we all like - I think we'll see what suits her too ( and if it's a boy, we'll be back to the drawing board!)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi-am a JD "waitee" and I confess to being one who changed from blonde to choc/white and girl to boy !!-firstly because someone else had the 3 blonde girls and looked soooo loved up that when Stephen JD showed us 3 "girls" from Lucy I fell inlove myself and it didnt even matter that "she" was a "he"-Hey ! whatever !-names went out the window-we just loved that gorgeous little JD baby xxYou will choose THE perfectname x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
ha ha ha hey girl or boy ..it really doesnt matter as long a syou love your puupy choice and name it correctly...

I had a boy american cocker spaniel when I was a little girl and named him Precious .... I really thought he was a she I think, so name wisely ha ha ha

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi

Yes, Anita at precious paws is really nice. She also does doggie day care so when we went to look at the pup we were descended on by about 20 dogs..everything from
a tea cup pomeranian to an irish wolfhound ( and everything in between). It was all a bit
of a mad house and quite chaotic - but that was just how I like it. It was all very natural and all the dogs were having a lovely time. The pups mum is a very pretty golden cocker and the dad a black and white toy poodle. He was a right character - very affectionate, Anita could not sit down without him wanting to be on her lap.
I opened an account on photo bucket but how do you transfer the picture from there to this website - I could not find the thread of how to do it. I'm such a techno phobe!!

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
I think you should call her Champagne!!!! No sleepless nights for me either. Dexter only cried once and after I left the telly and light on (dimmed) he was fine in his crate in the sitting room.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts