I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never knew a pooch would do this to me!
Before even thinking about getting a puppy we repeat booked our flights to Portugal and decided 3 weeks would be great [my dad has a villa so it was a good idea to go for that long]
I have found someone I completely trust to look after Treacle - she stays in the home and with other dogs including her own cockapoos! She will be walked in beautiful woods with all the other dogs. She has been for the day and really enjoyed herself.
I know Treacle will be so happy staying with her but I am really emotional about leaving her.
Someone told me that dogs have a short term memory and will forget me in 3 weeks - I think I was being wound up???
Will she think we have abandoned her?
Will she pine for us at night?
I am hoping Kendal may answer my queries and I can go away a little more relaxed about leaving her.
Sorry to sound so mushy but I really love Treacle & her happiness means everything to me x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
she will be fine, she will not forget you, she will be thrild to see you again, but will still enjoy her littl holiday with all her new palls. dont panic yourself. jusr relax, get and old teashirt or something and for like three night before she goes to the dog sitter sleep in it for those three nights so it has your sent on it for her. other than that i dont think she will need much els.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I totally understand your worries .. hence why I won't go on holiday this year... I have promised I will go abroad next year but I will get my parents to house and dog sit for a week... if I go at all ...

She will be fine and it will be a mini adventure for Treacle too ... you will miss her but you do need to carry on your life too... coming from JoJo the woman who never goes out ha ha ha ... seriously Kendal will reassure you .. she will be fine xx

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Ah Nadine she'll have a whale of a time with everyone to play with she'll be shattered. Enjoy your holiday knowing that she will too, then enjoy your reunion :D

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Are you sending her to lady you sent me link for?? Can i be cheeky and ask for your review of them after you get back because i think she looked amazing and i'd like to use her when we go away thanks dx

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aw thanks everyone - there will be no stopping the Tears flowing tomorrow but at least I can think of your comments and know she will be so happy!
Donna - yes she is with Laura at WAGGY-TAILZ - my friends use her and their dogs go crazy when they see her - she is a special find and she loves cockapoos!
She will do anything to keep your dog happy - even let them sleep with her!
When Treacle went for the day - there were 6 dogs and they all got excited at the gate to see a new friend and barked excitedly - Laura just said Quieten down - and they all stopped - everyone of them - they love her!
She has an ability to see if the dog will be right temperament for staying with her [she does not have any aggressive dogs] and assesses them without telling you by watching their body language and then you get the all clear!
It is not a cheap option but I prefer to pay the extra & Treacle to get a special holiday too!

So I have total faith in her & I will let you know when I collect Treacle if there have been any problems!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Sounds like the guy we use, very similar set up, he wants to meet your dog first and wont take some dogs... he came to pick mine up for a few days and they both ran into the car, lovely walks and other dogs. When we went away a couple of years ago Wilf slept on his sons bed !! was nt sure if he'd go back to our routine but all was fine. He charges £15 a night.... if anyone wants his details then pm me.... its worth a journey just so you know they'll be fine x

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Karen - is he up in Yorkshire?
I am a Yorkshire lass and my parents still live up there so we fly from Leeds Bradford - may have use for him in the future if Treacle stays with mum and Dad & they need to go out for the day!
Will PM you for full details x

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
if you are worried about Treacle not knowing you, check out this lovely video of a dog reunited with his mum who is a US soldier in the army and had been away in Afghanistan (I defy you dog lovers not to shed a tear!!!). Also attached another one also similar. Love them and shows the unconditional love from a dog.

Have a fab holiday!!!

http://www.godvine.com/Mommy-and-Doggy-Reunite-After-a-Year-Apart-343.html

http://thestarryeye.typepad.com/pets/2009/11/youtube-video-dog-cries-when-reunited-with-soldier.html

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
if you are worried about Treacle not knowing you, check out this lovely video of a dog reunited with his mum who is a US soldier in the army and had been away in Afghanistan (I defy you dog lovers not to shed a tear!!!). Also attached another one also similar. Love them and shows the unconditional love from a dog.

Have a fab holiday!!!

http://www.godvine.com/Mommy-and-Doggy-Reunite-After-a-Year-Apart-343.html

http://thestarryeye.typepad.com/pets/2009/11/youtube-video-dog-cries-when-reunited-with-soldier.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts