I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we haven't really got any long lasting or fun chew toys just some rope ones so I was wondering if any one had any suggestions of anything to chew for a long time? I've heard of kong and pigs ears?? But never looked into it and now I really want something for him to chew for ages! I also heard of nylabone but don't really know! Seen as you guys have got all this stuff could you tell me some good stuff :p oh and he's 1 month and about 4 weeks so obviously nothing that would harm him or hurt his little knashers!
:D:D

·
Registered
301 Posts
I had the same issue - Poppy is 13 weeks. She really likes Dentistix, but I was worried about giving them to her as they are for over 16 weeks, but she has been fine. They only seem to last about an hour, so tried her with a pigs ear yesterday - she loved it and chewed it for about 3 hours on and off. Tummy doesn't seem to be upset either.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Mine love pigs ears and any type of hide chew, but never really liked nylabones or any other type of processed bone ( you know the vacummed packed ham bone.. I think its the smell ) x

·
Registered
606 Posts
Both mine loved the Petstages cool teething stick when they were little - its material , washable and you can freeze it !
Available from Amazon - about £3 -£4

·
Registered
720 Posts
Pigs ears don't last very long with Poppy but she does love them. She does have a flavored nylon bone by Dog & Co, she chews it all the time but I think its time for a new one as its so rough that it don't half hurt when you stand on it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Harley loves the little hide shoes, at 11 weeks they last but not too hard that he gets fed up with them. I also found some chew sticks not as hard as the hide chews I dont know what they are but they are rolled up (like a cigar) but white I run the end under a tap and they soften up and loves them. I will see if I can find a name for them but they seem better than the rolled up hide chews, but give him the thinner hide shoes and he loves them! having said that he will go and get the real thing given half a chance up to now he just carrys them around and then sits down and sticks his head right in them:rolleyes::ilmc: quirky little ways when you read the posts on here although they all do some things the same they all have these odd little habits-its what makes them all so adorable!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm also looking for some good chew toys for when the puppy comes home (a few weeks yet, but we're eager!). Are Stagbars suitable for cockapoo puppies, from what sort of age? And what is the best size, small or medium?

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Wendy if you search stagbars at the top of the forum theres a thread where alot of people have posted about their experiences with stagbars. Not sure about age of pups but the site that sells them has a phone number x

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
for new pups....frozen kong...filled with broth...for older pups...lady loves her antler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts