I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name's Dom. And tomorrow i'm getting my new cockapoo puppy! We have decided to call him Monty and he will be 8 weeks old! :) We have everything for him and he will be in great care. Has anybody got any tips for me? training, care, grooming? I really can't wait until tomorrow. I've not seen him yet because I was only told on Saturday (it was a supprise) but i've seen plenty of pictures :) he's a black boy with some white markings on his belly! :D:D:D

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
How exciting for you, cant wait for pics, good luck with lovely Monty.... just hope weathers fine if in doubt out for a wee.... infact out for a wee after everything, after waking, after play after eating drinking .,.. good luck, enjoy x

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congratulations and post some pictures! Start training from the moment he walks through your door!!! and make sure he is left to sleep dont let people come in and pick him up all the time. Make training fun and games when they are this young. I train dogs and Harley is now 10 weeks old (I've had him since he was 8weeks)and from the 2nd day I carried him to town and sat at Costa coffee just let him take in all the sounds and sites in his own time- one piece of advice if he jumps at a noise or shys away from somebody do not say "good boy its okay" (so easy to do) you will just make him think he is being good to pull away. just keep talking get his attention with treats. Harley is now 10 weeks and went out on his lead for the first time he walked to heal (practiced at home and in the garden- keep lead loose even when he pulls back) he is sitting, laying down and sits before the door is opened (I dont even have to ask him now) and I enter first, he sits when door is closed while his lead is taken off and does not run off he is asked to wait until I give the command "away" puppies will learn more in the period of 8 weeks to 12 more than any other time! be consistant make it fun and keep training short that is the most important. good luck and im sure he will be fine and well trained :twothumbs:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Hi Dom and welcome to this great website. Our puppy Beau is almost 14 weeks and we have learned more from the people on here than our puppy trainer (plus this is free so an added bonus lol)! The only advice I can really give is to love, cuddle and enjoy your beautiful new friend and listen to the others on here for the practical stuff as they are all very good :D Good luck :)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, lots of friendly advice on the forum and lots of new puppy owners in the same bote as you this week.

cant wait for photos of monty.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
my only tip is, have as much patience as possible....and lots of paper towels too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts