I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Monty moo visited the vets today's for his vaccination. It was his last one as a puppy because now they are yearly. He had his vacc, ears cleaned, nails clipped, and worming and took it really well. Only 1 little bit a crying! It's now 10 days before we can go on walks, can't wait!!! Also I have some new pics which I'll post later :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Maggie had her last set of vaccinations on Monday but we were told 1 wk before walks, wonder if its maybe due to a different type of vaccine or something. I cant wait to get her out either, burn some of her energy hehe! She didnt bother at all about her vaccination, however the microchip was another story! She screamed, then the first one came out, so vet tried again, that one popped out so after three attempts and a very distressed puppy later the vet finally got her chip in. Traumatising for me and for Maggie. Vet said she had never had that happen before and thought it might be due to her coat?!!! Looking forward to seeing some pics of Monty. Emma x

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Oh .. looking forward to lovely walks... you go a little stir crazy before you can go out but so worth the wait ... enjoy x

·
Registered
283 Posts
i thought i would be able to take flossy out straight after her second jab , didnt know i would have to wait another week :(

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Some vets advise between 7-14 days, it really depends on the vet and the type of injection too, as I asked my vet why Oakley was advised to stay in 7 days and Eevee was advised 14 days .... it just depends on what the vacination company advise... I hope that makes sense and helps a little bit... but that first walk is so much fun.

·
Registered
283 Posts
yeah it does thank you, can't wait to take her out, im sure my neighbours think im mad cus i walk her twice a day round the garden on the lead to get her use to it lol

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
yeah it does thank you, can't wait to take her out, im sure my neighbours think im mad cus i walk her twice a day round the garden on the lead to get her use to it lol
We have all done it .. the walking around the garden is all part of it... it will save you from dragging her along the path on her first walk..

Another thing which really helped me (although it may sound strange) I took Oakley and Eevee on our school run walks but I carried them in a blanket, it got them used to the sound of traffic, school children and my daughter loved me taking our puppies to her school to show her friends... it was less of a shock for our puppies when they went on their first walk because the sounds were not new, just the new smells .... :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
i was going to do that but didnt know if she would stay in my arms that long without trying to get on the floor

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
i was going to do that but didnt know if she would stay in my arms that long without trying to get on the floor
I carried both of mine to school like JoJo ... I found they did nt mind when they were really little.. when they were a bit older they might try and jump down x

·
Registered
124 Posts
Maisie went to the vets yesterday for her 2nd injection but we were told she has to wait another two week (our vets do them at 12 weeks and not 10) she will then have to wait another week after her injection to go out for walkies. At least she was unphased meeting the vet - spent most of the time yawning and then rolled over on her tummy so he could listen to her with the stethascope!!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
gypsy was the same with her microchip, the first one didnt go in properly, the 2nd couldnt be found with the scanner so they had to do her again. after that we got Inca done when she was being spayed, Echo was done at [email protected] by the boxer trust and i Did Delta myself, she was my first microchip and i didnt get the needle in rite the first time,(i had it too high too close to my fingers instead of the big space in the scruff) but got it perfect the second time. not had a problem since, but going to microchip a litter of GSDs in a couple of weeks and i have been told they are howlers (GSDs are big wimps and howl at anything)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts