I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Lots of catching up to do again although work load is probably going to keep me away even longer. However have a few minutes to tell you all that I had a wonderful girlie holiday to Sousse in Tunisia and am now very happy to be tanned! - Wasn't going to get a tan in this Cornish weather we have been having!

Nacho, although had a wonderful time is in a bit of a state. Completely matted up (never seen anything quite like it). After 2 hours (no exaggeration in the bath yesterday i have managed to get most of it out. Unfortunately the matts were so close to the skin I have had to cut a lot away. He now has a very thin coat on his chest and looks quite frankly a scruffy mess. I have rang the groomer - she will literally bite my head off when she see's the work I have done to the poor soul.

It also means he is probably going to have to have his leg fur cut really really short. I don't even know how to attempt that so leaving it to the groomer.

He also had some ticks. My boyfriend successfully managed to get rid of them properely (they were close to his eye). However I thought that advocate was supposed to stop ticks latching on. He only had a dose a couple of weeks ago? Any advice?

Phew sorry for the long post... you know how I ramble xx

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Oh dear poor Nacho! Don't worry the groomer will have him looking gorgeous in no time and it will all grow back.

Glad you had a good holiday, the weather has been awful again here! :(

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hi All.

Lots of catching up to do again although work load is probably going to keep me away even longer. However have a few minutes to tell you all that I had a wonderful girlie holiday to Sousse in Tunisia and am now very happy to be tanned! - Wasn't going to get a tan in this Cornish weather we have been having!

Nacho, although had a wonderful time is in a bit of a state. Completely matted up (never seen anything quite like it). After 2 hours (no exaggeration in the bath yesterday i have managed to get most of it out. Unfortunately the matts were so close to the skin I have had to cut a lot away. He now has a very thin coat on his chest and looks quite frankly a scruffy mess. I have rang the groomer - she will literally bite my head off when she see's the work I have done to the poor soul.

It also means he is probably going to have to have his leg fur cut really really short. I don't even know how to attempt that so leaving it to the groomer.

He also had some ticks. My boyfriend successfully managed to get rid of them properely (they were close to his eye). However I thought that advocate was supposed to stop ticks latching on. He only had a dose a couple of weeks ago? Any advice?

Phew sorry for the long post... you know how I ramble xx
Oh dear! Poor Nacho!
Advocate doesn't work for ticks, Advantix may be what you are thinking of, this does ticks and fleas where as advocate does fleas,roundworm,lungworm etc. You can use the two alongside eachother as long as you apply them 2 weeks apart. :D

As for the matts, he may have to have it chopped off but it will groe back in no time :)

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh dear! Poor Nacho!
Advocate doesn't work for ticks, Advantix may be what you are thinking of, this does ticks and fleas where as advocate does fleas,roundworm,lungworm etc. You can use the two alongside eachother as long as you apply them 2 weeks apart. :D

As for the matts, he may have to have it chopped off but it will groe back in no time :)
Ah you're right. Getting totally confused! Thank you. :) xx

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Welcome back to a wet and soggy UK Susie ....

Nacho will be fine after a shampoo and trim ... he will need a trim as we have a heat wave coming soon .. ok that is not exactly true, but I thought if I say it enough times, it may happen :)

Bet you missed all the poo talk on here hey ... we missed you xxx

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Vincent gets terrible matts on his legs, mainly because he hates us brushing them :/ So we've settled on the skinny leg look which I am actually loving!

Nacho is super handsome so he will look amazing I am sure :)

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Good to hear from you Susie - even if for just a few mins - glad to hear that Nacho had a wonderful time and is for sure handsome enough to look a little less than perfect. I'm sure it will grow back in no time. x

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Welcome back Susie

Millie needed a really good wash and brush up after we 'loaned' her out for a week, when we were away in January.

Just spent a 6 days away in the New Forest and although I give Millie Frontline, which is flea treatment and ticks, I found one this morning. Yuk. I got my son to remove it and I crushed it :eek:

Did you get a lovely big welcome home from Nacho?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.