I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking on some puppy sites for the pertect cockapoo for our family.i came across an adorable chocolate cocker cross miniture poodle and emailed the breeder. who live in doncaster not far from me.i got a quick reply saying they had moved to scotland and that hthe puppies were £180 (on the advert they were £300) and that she could send the dog by a pet courier for an extra £30!!after thinking about this i felt abit uneasy so left it at that.but since then i have seen and advert on another site 4 for a cockapoo by a different person 4 the amount of £750.and the pictures of the dogs were the same of the person who had offered me the dog for £180!!looks like it was a scam!!!x

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
There has been a thread on here before about that Stanley. Best advice is to visit breeder and make sure you are happy with them. It's awful that there are such unscrupulous people out there :(

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
they were probably using someone else's pics then? Not sure you would ever get a poo for that amount, makes you smell a rat

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There has been a thread on here before about that Stanley. Best advice is to visit breeder and make sure you are happy with them. It's awful that there are such unscrupulous people out there :(
its terrible.im now worried about even buying a dog incase the person doesnt tell the truth?how can i get a trustworthy breeder?my little boy is so upset=( also its terrible that they actually used someone elses puppy pictures and advertised them as there own!!!x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Doesn't sound good ... you have to be so careful ...

£180 would be very cheap ... I think general the price for a cockapoo seems to range between £600 - £1200 ...

I think on most puppy sites you can report bad adverts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they were probably using someone else's pics then? Not sure you would ever get a poo for that amount, makes you smell a rat
well i must admit i though £300 was cheap but when they had emailed me saying they were £180 i knew something wasent right.yes they had used another persons photos =( x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
its terrible.im now worried about even buying a dog incase the person doesnt tell the truth?how can i get a trustworthy breeder?my little boy is so upset=( also its terrible that they actually used someone elses puppy pictures and advertised them as there own!!!x
Ahh your little boy ... it is terrible you are right .. and shocking too...

I do have a puppy guide on my blog which may help you on your puppy search ...

I am always searching for puppies :S and it is so important to ask questions and mostly to like your breeder.. you need to like and trust them ...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doesn't sound good ... you have to be so careful ...

£180 would be very cheap ... I think general the price for a cockapoo seems to range between £600 - £1200 ...

I think on most puppy sites you can report bad adverts.
hi jojo thats the sort of prices that come up often.i was going to report them but have gone back on the site and the advert has beed deleted x

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahh your little boy ... it is terrible you are right .. and shocking too...

I do have a puppy guide on my blog which may help you on your puppy search ...

I am always searching for puppies :S and it is so important to ask questions and mostly to like your breeder.. you need to like and trust them ...
thankyou jojo will have a look at that.im going to leave it for a while its put me off a little!!but im sure we will get a loverly puppy in the near future

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
thankyou jojo will have a look at that.im going to leave it for a while its put me off a little!!but im sure we will get a loverly puppy in the near future
Don't be too put off there there are some very dedicated breeders out there .. its just the case of finding one you are happy with ...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't be too put off there there are some very dedicated breeders out there .. its just the case of finding one you are happy with ...
i totally agree with you there i didnt mean all of them are bad!i just seem to find the bad ones!!!!i will def look round and not rush into buying.and enjoy shopping around!!!! xxx

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I think if you search all the time you tend to see the people who do not appear to be what they say they are, also if you know what to ask(as in JoJos blog) then you tend to find that some people dont even reply... says it all. Thats not to say that everyone is a fraud far from it but armed with the correct info when you speak to people you'll know ... good luck with your search x

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think if you search all the time you tend to see the people who do not appear to be what they say they are, also if you know what to ask(as in JoJos blog) then you tend to find that some people dont even reply... says it all. Thats not to say that everyone is a fraud far from it but armed with the correct info when you speak to people you'll know ... good luck with your search x
thankyou very much for your reply!this site is my bible!!!ive found out so much info from it all ready!!i will def be more cautious next time and approach a honest breeder!xxx

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
don't give up Stanley - it's so worth it in the end!
JoJo's blog is really informative, it should help loads. I looked on breedersonline initially, lots to get you started :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi you need to buy from a Reliable breeder. Who are concerned about many aspects of their dogs, with health being number one.The main advantage of going to a breeder is that he (or she) has first-hand experience and knowledge of raising that specific dog breed. A reputable breeder is only too happy to share important information that will help you raise a healthy and happy dog. A reputable breeder should be able to give you pertinent information about the puppies, as well as answer questions you may have regarding the breed, even after you have purchased the puppy.Most importantly, a reputable breeder should have genuine interest and love for
There dogs. Xxx
thanyou for that lesson is learnt!!and i will only go to an approved breeder from now on!!x

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Not that they are all reputable Stanley.. sorry.. I've seen people breed their bitches consecutative seasons and some sell pups on for people who have nt managed to sell them. Unless you've heard of them (lots of recommendations on here :D), then I'd google them, it sometimes gives you other info... one breeder when I did this had had a whole BBC undercover documentary done about him :eek:

·
Registered
322 Posts
There is a scam where they take the money by bank transfer and then disappear. The police and the websites know and are cracking down on them. So if anyone sees a dodgy app report it to the website and they will investigate.
A

1 - 20 of 23 Posts