I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Zuko, 6 months
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I took my 6 month old, Zuko, to the groomer today to get a little trim. When I went to pick him up he was shaved! I asked the groomer if he had been matted, but she she he wasn't. She just thought that was what I wanted. I think I am going to learn to groom him at home after this. I am just worried that it won't grow back nice and soft since he is so young. Does anyone have experience or advise to help his coat come in good? Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
65 Posts
My dog has been groomed regularly since 4 months old. I have never noticed a change in his coat caused by clippers or shaving. I think it's a myth. His coat will grow back beautifully on it own with out you needing to do anything. I think all owners of cockapoos have had that shocking moment where their dog is cut too short. Ours had to be shaved practically naked after the long lockdown we had in the spring. I don't groom him myself as I like a nice precise cut and could never manage to make his face look as cute as the groomer does.

·
Registered
Zuko, 6 months
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dog has been groomed regularly since 4 months old. I have never noticed a change in his coat caused by clippers or shaving. I think it's a myth. His coat will grow back beautifully on it own with out you needing to do anything. I think all owners of cockapoos have had that shocking moment where their dog is cut too short. Ours had to be shaved practically naked after the long lockdown we had in the spring. I don't groom him myself as I like a nice precise cut and could never manage to make his face look as cute as the groomer does.
Thank you so much! Maybe I'll give a groomer another try. Thank you for helping calm my nerves!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts