I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Betty took awhile to settle at being left on her own when she was little but since being at my parents for a bit of time has really settled into being left on her own and we now have a routine that if I go out and leave her she has to sit on her blanket on the sofa and I give her a treat and leave. Until about a week and a half ago this was the standard routine and I could leave my flat and get out of the front door and not hear a sound from her. My neighbour did say she would hear her from time to time but usually as she leaves for work not long after me and when Betty hears noises in the corridor for the flats she does sometimes bark. However, the last week or so Betty has been barking quite loudly as soon as I go out of the door and I have no idea why! Nothing has changed! I went out for a run the other night and was only out 45mins and she was fine when I came home so it didn't last long the noise, and she did a similar thing when I left her in the car to pop into a shop the other day, again another place she doesn't usually make any noise when left. Just wondered if any of you had had a sudden spate of barking like this for no real reason from their dog? I am assuming it is just her testing me again but I just worry as I don't wany my neighbours to get annoyed (they say they arne't as they all think she is cute!). I do always leave the radio on for some background noise for her. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Poppy only barks if we go out of the front door and not if we go out of the back door (drive is at the back of the house). I did worry about her disturbing the neighbors, but they say they don't hear her and I now they would tell us because they would be concerned that there was something wrong with her. Ive even asked the window cleaner if she barks at him and he said she just watches them. So we think its a protest at not been taken for a walk.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Sorry Jules dont know what to suggest... it seems strange though... you do always wonder what goes on when you're not there. Wilf barks at the window cleaner when Im in so Im sure he would if Im out, hope it gets better and its just a blip or that others have advice x

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know her barking doesn't last long but just bemused as to why she's got more barky at the moment! Took her to the supermarket with me again this morning and left her in the car and she quiet in the car this time!! I am trying to leave her for short periods but more regularly to try and break the barking habit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts