I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

Basil - Cute & Curly

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  M&M's mummy 
#1 ·
Hi, Just joined - though I have been lurking for quite some time. Meet Basil - he is 15 weeks old and full of beans. we got him as a chum for our OES, Poppy - she just loves him. We hope he will be about 14" at the shoulder when an adult, as Poppy is 21", though I know it is very hard to say how big or small he will be. He as weighed this morning at the vets 5.87kg and is 15 weeks old. Does anyone have any idea as to his adult size. Whatever size he is - we will love him anyway. Not sure how to upload the pics yet but I will try to work it out.

#4 ·
Hi & welcome! :) He may end up a little bigger than 14" to the shoulder from the sounds of the parents sizes although my Izzie is 14.5" to the shoulders & she is a show cocker x miniature poodle cross (but boys tend to be a bit bigger as well). Look forward to seeing some pictures :)

#5 ·
Hi. Just measured him and he is about 12" at the moment. I was using the height of the settee cushion as an ideal size. I measured the settee and its about 16". Hopefully he will be big enough for Poppy to play with but not hurt if things get a bit carried away.

Marjory xx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.