I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was definitely the turning point in our house. Having constantly walked away and ignored Basil for two and a half days, Rufus finally gave in and realised what fun Basil can be. I couldn't tear myself away from watching them to get my camera but they played solidly for about 45 mins before settling together in Rufus's bed. It was a joy to watch. Rufus was so gentle considering he had a puppy hanging from his ear! I now have to give them 'time out' by putting Basil in his pen for a rest .....he's not 11 wks old yet - keep having to remind myself!

Basil has been brilliant. We have had no indoor accidents or crate accidents. He settles without a fuss and waits quietly in the morning until I get him out. He adores big brother Rufus. He has met so many different dogs now, large and small, enthusiastic and timid and he has behaved appropriately with all of them. His recall on walks is great too. I adore him. He is just so perfect .......at the moment!

Here are a few photos from the past couple of days:

Is that a rain cloud?

I'll just shelter under here.

Fun at the park.

I love you Rufus, my big bro'.

Karen xx

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Ah I just melted a little inside!! Fabulous pictures and I am so pleased that they are getting on so well! Max sends Basil licks and bites...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's just lovely! I'm almost tempted to think about a second one :decision:
Oh go for it! I tell you, it's half the work of having an 'only pup!'. They entertain each other and the older one helps train the pup with recall and 'sit' etc as the pup just copies.

Karen x

·
Registered
206 Posts
Oh what absolutely fabulous pictures - brought a big smile to my face :) Great to hear how well Basil is settling in and how brilliant your other dogs have been in accepting a new member of the pack. Best wishes, Karen x

·
Registered
158 Posts
They look really great together. It is such a relief when they finally turn that corner and you know it's going to work.

Basil is very lovely, as is Rufus. We have had lurchers in the family for many years. My dads lurcher took to Nell right off and has been her big protective Uncle ever since.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts