I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a lovely walk in the Autumn sunshine through Richmond Park.

Millie was a good girl playing and running. The deer were easy to see and a stag came wandering by quite close. Millie saw the stag and decided she wanted to investigate :eek: Luckily she kept a safe distance and when I said No, she stopped and just sat and watched.

A few minutes later 3 large horses came galloping or cantering (not sure, whichever is the fastest run!). The riders dressed what looked like their riding best and one even had a cape. Never seen anything like it.

Millie, who just loves to play chase, chased. This time she didn't listen to me :mad::eek: But after a minute or so, she gave up and came back. Tail wagging and a very long pink tongue hanging out of her mouth.

She slept on the back seat, all the way home :D

Millie certainly gets a variety of walks. I wonder if she realises it, or is it just a walk to her.?

·
Registered
212 Posts
We are lucky enough to walk in Richmond Park almost every day. It is a beautiful place. Much nicer and quiter on week days. I've become increasingly scared and cautious around the deer. I've had friends that have been chased by them when their dogs have gone too close. Just loving this autumnal weather, it's perfect for walking!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Went for a lovely walk in the Autumn sunshine through Richmond Park.

Millie was a good girl playing and running. The deer were easy to see and a stag came wandering by quite close. Millie saw the stag and decided she wanted to investigate :eek: Luckily she kept a safe distance and when I said No, she stopped and just sat and watched.

A few minutes later 3 large horses came galloping or cantering (not sure, whichever is the fastest run!). The riders dressed what looked like their riding best and one even had a cape. Never seen anything like it.

Millie, who just loves to play chase, chased. This time she didn't listen to me :mad::eek: But after a minute or so, she gave up and came back. Tail wagging and a very long pink tongue hanging out of her mouth.

She slept on the back seat, all the way home :D

Millie certainly gets a variety of walks. I wonder if she realises it, or is it just a walk to her.?
Hi Julie

It sounds like you had a lovely walk…

Do you often go to Richmond Park for walks? How far is it for you? Our new house is on the Putney/Barnes border so we’re probably ten minutes’ walk from the North entrance!

Turi x

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
I often go with Dexter to Richmond Park as my brother lives close by. October is rutting time for the stags though and one recently knocked a jogger over (ran at him from 200 yards!) My brothers welsh springer was actually thrown up in the air by a stag as he tried to chase one!(unhurt luckily) Most of the time though it's perfectly safe and very dog friendly.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did wonder if the stags could be problematic, I thinks those comments confirm that. Good job Millie listened to me and stopped.

Turi, first trip to Richmond Park, it's about an hour away from me. I was meeting a friend who's just started at Roehampton Uni.

Keep me posted on any walks in the park, I could well hike down there again.

Just stopped in The New Forest today. There happened to be a rather large free roaming pig, which Millie took an instant shine too :(. She ended up crossing a small road to follow the pig, despite me calling her to stop! The cars had to stop :eek:. Not the best walk. So headed off to the beach, much safer, no cars :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.