I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On another thread, I had a conversation with Julie that went:
One other thing I always do is tell her 'night, night, see you in the morning'. I have no idea if it works, but I felt better
Oh I like that.do you do it in a sing song voice? like "sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite"
Not quite a sing song voice, but I am a naturally clucky mother, so its a bit like putting a 3year old to bed - without the bedtime story

Oh I did used to love bedtime stories! When I got Phoebe, my youngest child was only 2, now she's 13 and Izzy is my baby....if Simon gets his book done, I could read that to her, she'd love to see the pictures of Betty :D
Any other suggestions for stories to tell puppies? I'd save Greyfriars Bobby and Lassie for when she's bigger - they're too sad :laugh:

·
Registered
582 Posts
I had to wash the floor yesterday and so i put Pixie in her crate,i went onto you tube and found some relaxing dog music!!! Dont know whether she liked it but i did:D

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
haha :D, love it.

I think The Hound of the Baskervilles might be a bit hard going. How about the Adventures of Dougal (Magic Roundabout). Think I'm showing my age here :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know this is sad but I used to sing to Max to wake him up "Good Morning Good Morning to you" it was great watching him stretch and yawn :eek: Perhaps I should have kept that a secret

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Niki
Oh to think of having to wake Izzy up - still, it was 6.30 this morning :D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I know this is sad but I used to sing to Max to wake him up "Good Morning Good Morning to you" it was great watching him stretch and yawn :eek: Perhaps I should have kept that a secret
I used to sing that to my parrot! Mind you at least he could sing back!

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
You could always show your pups their vidoes that we did - with the soundtrack on full !!!!

....Pookie Doodles; Dog House Boogie and .....Doggie Style ;) xxxx

Stephen xx

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
On another thread, I had a conversation with Julie that went:
One other thing I always do is tell her 'night, night, see you in the morning'. I have no idea if it works, but I felt better
Oh I like that.do you do it in a sing song voice? like "sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite"
Not quite a sing song voice, but I am a naturally clucky mother, so its a bit like putting a 3year old to bed - without the bedtime story
Ah I always say "Night Night, see you in the morning" too, then I listen on the other side of the door for any whimpers or anything...nothing :) Then I feel like a right prat when I've got upstairs and realise I forgot something in the kitchen and I have to go back in and disturb him. I find myself creeping around in the dark and then I have to say the whole Night Night thing again. He must think I'm bonkers, is she going to bed or not!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I suppose a thread on bedtime reading for cockapoos wouldn't be complete with out a bad pun, and I think I can manage that

Crime and Punishment by Fido Dogstoevsky
Winnie-the-cocka-pooh by A.A. Milne
The Bone Collector by Jeffrey Deaver
Cat in the Hat by Dog-tor Seuss

Right I'll stop now

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
You could read Hairy McLairy as my friend always thinks that Betty reminds her of him especially as on the way to the park she has to walk at full stretch on the extendable lead as if she is going off on her own for an adventure.

Whenever i go outvi always say to Betty "stay there and be a good girl" - like she cares, i am sure she just thinks just go if you are going out and leaving me!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts