I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
My boy Lucas Ryder is 3months old and has been home with me for about 12 days so far. Whenever I leave him alone at home he is a very good boy and does everything on the wee wee pad. When I am home he tends to go anyplace on the carpet and also if i walk away from him and leave him outside of the room he tends to go right there. I don't want to use his crate as a form of punishment since that's where he sleeps at night. Any advice or suggestions as to what I can do or am doing wrong. This is the first time I have had a cockapoo puppy, my previous dog was a lab/german shepard/chow mix.
thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello
My boy Lucas Ryder is 3months old and has been home with me for about 12 days so far. Whenever I leave him alone at home he is a very good boy and does everything on the wee wee pad. When I am home he tends to go anyplace on the carpet and also if i walk away from him and leave him outside of the room he tends to go right there. I don't want to use his crate as a form of punishment since that's where he sleeps at night. Any advice or suggestions as to what I can do or am doing wrong. This is the first time I have had a cockapoo puppy, my previous dog was a lab/german shepard/chow mix.
thanks
you just have to keep on top of it. If you catch him in the act, a stern NO! and bad boy should do. Consistency is the key, eventually he will get it. Melo was the same way and one day he out of nowhere started going to the front door touching the door knob. He does that when he needs to go, now.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
My mum's cocker took ages to house train. I would advise putting him outside a lot and praising him and treating him when he wees. I always use the command 'get busy' with Dexter and it works well as he wees whenever I say it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts