I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dexter has a not very nice habit of sometimes eating his food, regurgitating it, then eating it again. He is on NI so he does eat it fairly quickly but yesterday he did it in front of some friends I had for supper (not very dog friendly ones) and they were horrified! (cant say I blame them really)
Does anyone else's Poo have this anti-social habit? Don't tell me to put his food in a kong as he is so lazy and fussy about food he won't bother to eat at all! He is still on 3 meals a day + chicken wings.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Every dog I've owned has done this! Perfectly normal I'm afraid :ugh:
Quite common with something like chicken wings if they haven't chewed them enough the first time. Why waste good food :laugh:

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Funnily enough Weller done exactly the same thing last night, once in my bedroom and twice downstairs, which I didn't find until this morning:eek: He had eaten most of it. I can only put it down to the acorns he stuffed the other day or the dog treats someone gave him in the pub yesterday, he is fine in himself and wolfed down his food this morning, so just hoping its a one off!!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Lolly has done this in the past too. At first I tried to stop her eating it but then decided if she was happy then it saved me cleaning it up!!!:laugh::laugh: Also means I know she won't be hungry :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
eeeeou! yuck......ahhhhhhhhhhhh! thats disgusting. Really........do they really?

(i would have written a lot more grossed out sounds if i could have spelt them).

next you'll be telling me the eat poo too!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
This one has been mentioned here before but when I'm filing my feet Lolly loves to lick up the skin dust :eek: Pretty disgusting but one I'm used to now! :p

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Its really horrid isn't it .... there's only one thing more gross than a dog eating it's own sick and that's a dog eating another dog's sick ... Maisie was sick recently and Bess ate it before I could clear it up!!! So gross :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
next you'll be telling me the eat poo too!
Haha - yep some do :D:D Flo used to like horse manure and rabbit droppings but stopped when I started raw feeding :D Raw feed dogs tend not to eat their own poo as the food is all absorbed by the dog with little coming out the other end.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i was just about to ring the breeder to tell her that i had changed my mind about the puppy and she sent me through another picture of the litter......... i guess we're back on!

bring on the sick, poo and toe jam.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts