I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone!

She is SUPER soft...and all the little tiny knots are gone! Yay! I'm really quite pleased with the cut. I think I might trim around her nose a little bit more, but other than that, the groomer did a fantastic job.

BTW - is it customary to tip the groomer? I didn't think of it until after my hubby picked her up!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Unless its different over the pond they charge enough here without tipping although I think as a nation your probably better at tipping than us tight Brits x

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
what a difference!!!
We didn't tip our groomer...also I was pissed off at them..I did tip when we went in for just a face trim....our groomers debit machine has a tip option so I felt obligated the first time...I guess people must do it. but would like to hear what others do.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hahaha, Karen! :) I've gone in for spa treatments before (massage/facial/mani/pedi) and I think...why the heck do I have to tip you? This cost me a fortune as it is! I suppose the way their paid is similar to a server, but I don't know for sure.

Anyway...off topic...

I'd love to hear what others say as well.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
BTW - is it customary to tip the groomer? I didn't think of it until after my hubby picked her up!
Tip the groomer? OMG I never did that? Is that why the lady I went too started sending Flo home with such ghastly hair dos after my second, third and fourth visit :eek:

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Tip the groomer? OMG I never did that? Is that why the lady I went too started sending Flo home with such ghastly hair dos after my second, third and fourth visit :eek:
Couldn't be! I tipped 50% for a face trim...then brought lady in for a full do...and if you look back at my ladys hair cut posts....they didn't even cut her body hair at all!! lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Embee...I certainly hope not!! Our groomer did a really nice job! Although, I'll probably start to give it a go myself...I can't afford not to!! :)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
You've got to do it yourself if tipping 50% for a face trim lol , then all that stress Amanda waiting for Ladys cut only to find they didnt really do anything lol.... cos you're such a good tipper they thought you'd have to go more often if they dont do much ... they saw you coming lol x

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I've got dog ones but they are almost if not the same as the ones I'd bought ( and never really used ) for my sons hair a few years ago ..... I'll look they might even be the same make. I could probably get away with making a mess of the dogs rather than my son, he would nt let me any where near him. I keep wanting to do Mable but she's not quite as chilled as Wilf but obviously still a baby x

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I could never groom Dylan myself - I can't even get him to stay still long enough for me to brush him. That's why he gets so matted. Even the groomer says he's a real challenge! I need to just hand him over to someone else to cope with him!

·
Registered
62 Posts
what an adorable cut!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts