I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all love our pups but what else is important to you? What do you do for a job? How old are you? What are your hobbies? Anything else interesting about you?

Could be fun to get to know each other!
(I know some of this is listed in people's profiles but you can't really have much of a chat on there)
Also- no pressure to reveal anything too personal! Anything you think is fun :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I don't mind revealing my murky history! I'm 55, live with my lovely hubby (3rd time lucky and we met by internet dating!) and have 2 girls, one's a copper and one at uni. I run 3 businesses, a fire and flood restoration and cleaning company which hubby runs mostly now and I now mainly just do the accounts and interfere sometimes :) and I design and make jewellery which I sell at craft fairs and I do baby foot and hand casting and make silver fingerprint jewellery. That lot plus Dylan keep me quite busy so I don't have many other interests,- walking has always been my main hobby and I try to go to the Lake District every year which is my favourite place on earth, but getting too old for anything strenuous now! If you want to see my work, my websites are http://www.helenconway.co.uk and http://www.precious-ones.co.uk . Looking forward to hearing about everyone else.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
What a great idea Parapluie, so nice to find out more about people we are 'talking' to on a daily basis. I'll add my stuff when I get a minute...

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a great idea Parapluie, so nice to find out more about people we are 'talking' to on a daily basis. I'll add my stuff when I get a minute...
That's exactly why I thought this could be a good idea :) I think everyone here (minus the spammers :laugh:) is so lovely and interesting, it would be great to get to know them beyond just the type of dog they like. I think we have a nice little community here, from far and wide.

Don't worry, Karen, I'll add my boring self soon (I'm writing on my phone which isn't all that awesome for this) haha.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, let's see!

I'm 25, currently attending graduate school for school/educational psychology. I love watching/playing sports, singing, photography, and travel. I love working with kids, though I don't have any yet! I speak a bit of French and am trying to learn Spanish, as it can be very helpful in my future work.

Anything else people would like to know, just ask! I look forward to getting to know you all better :)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Now then where to begin....once upon a time lol. No not alot to put really, I'm jealous of Dylansmum would love to do something really creative . I'm 44 married to Richard, I've got a 13yr old daughter Ellis, who thinks she's 18, and an 11 year old son Roan. who keep me busy taxiing,homework etc. I'm a nurse for people who have a learning disability and work 2 nights which fits in with the kids and now the dogs. Love walking the dogs but often have to badger someone else into coming with me. Slowly turned into a middle aged woman ..not quite sure how that happened, probably a gradual process it crept up on me ... I used to be 28 lol . Spend many a groundhog day .. probably on here waiting to see what you've all posted x x :washing:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't mind revealing my murky history! I'm 55, live with my lovely hubby (3rd time lucky and we met by internet dating!) and have 2 girls, one's a copper and one at uni. I run 3 businesses, a fire and flood restoration and cleaning company which hubby runs mostly now and I now mainly just do the accounts and interfere sometimes :) and I design and make jewellery which I sell at craft fairs and I do baby foot and hand casting and make silver fingerprint jewellery. That lot plus Dylan keep me quite busy so I don't have many other interests,- walking has always been my main hobby and I try to go to the Lake District every year which is my favourite place on earth, but getting too old for anything strenuous now! If you want to see my work, my websites are http://www.helenconway.co.uk and http://www.precious-ones.co.uk . Looking forward to hearing about everyone else.
That sounds like a lot of fun! It's good to keep busy :) I think it's wonderful that you found love a 3rd time, and I agree, one of the best parts of having a dog is having yet another excuse to take a nice long walk. I think that's one of the best ways to relax or think.

Now then where to begin....once upon a time lol. No not alot to put really, I'm jealous of Dylansmum would love to do something really creative . I'm 44 married to Richard, I've got a 13yr old daughter Ellis, who thinks she's 18, and an 11 year old son Roan. who keep me busy taxiing,homework etc. I'm a nurse for people who have a learning disability and work 2 nights which fits in with the kids and now the dogs. Love walking the dogs but often have to badger someone else into coming with me. Slowly turned into a middle aged woman ..not quite sure how that happened, probably a gradual process it crept up on me ... I used to be 28 lol . Spend many a groundhog day .. probably on here waiting to see what you've all posted x x :washing:
Oh now Karen, I wouldn't consider you near middle age yet, you silly thing. I considered being a nurse for a while, actually. My mom is an operating room nurse in fact. I like the name Roan. Were the kids involved in picking Wilf and Mabel? or were they surprised?

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hah fab idea, lol i will be 23 nexet week :eek:

live with my mum, stepdad, 7 year old brother and my 20year old brother will be moving back home next month.

i work at a boarding kennels, and helf out at my local dog training school. i am startting a dog trainer traing coars in feb, and wanting to become a dog grooming. have have also just set up my own home microchipping service.

love all animals and in tottal i have had, 2 budgies, 2 hamsters, 6 fish, 9 rats, 10 cats and 4 dogs lol im not including my mums cockers as they were in the hose befoe i was so they dont count as mine lol.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
This is so interesting! Kendal I thought you were much older - must be because you are so knowledgeable and experienced!
Karen, I didn't start making jewellery until about 5 years ago so there's nothing to stop you. I am a firm believer that everyone has some creativity inside them - you just have to find your medium.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Helen.... got to that stage where need to find something fulfilling, work used to do it but you get wrapped up in your own family and work becomes more bureaucraticle all the time, risk assessments etc. Have always fancied doing something crafty. I've seen some things like your work before with the finger prints etc was looking for something as a pressie for my sister. Kendal again dog training and grooming sounds great as well.Lia Bonjour/Hola .. you sound like you know where your going and where you want to be again sounds really interesting.....go for it girls x x

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
48 and married to Ivan. You can see stuff about Ivan on his website www.margolius.co.uk.

Have 3 children - 16, 12 and 5. You can see middle child, my rock hero, here

http://www.youtube.com/user/ElectricGuitarify#p/u/11/qR1GEnkmRyE

http://www.youtube.com/user/ElectricGuitarify#p/u/15/pRTL3Av7NyE

Take a look and comment as he is trying to get more youtube hits – he’s now at 41,000 views!

I work 3.5 days per week managing adult learning programmes which leaves me time to enjoy walks with Flo and work on her ‘pub lunch’ training – I have a glass of wine and a Panini while Flo learns how to lie patiently under the table!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Mandy that was great, Jan had me dancing . He's brill you can tell he really enjoys it . Yep pub lunches doing lunch up there on my agenda x

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm Beth i am 24 years old and i work part time in a cinema, I love films but hate customers (for the record they're never right, and normally very rude) haha

I also love reading and baking, I was in he process of setting up a small home baking business but decided against it when I decided to get baby Nell. Now I'm trying to think of some ideas to make a living working from home or a job I can take the pooches to work with me, haven't thought of anything as yet tho :s

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
hah fab idea, lol i will be 23 nexet week :eek:

live with my mum, stepdad, 7 year old brother and my 20year old brother will be moving back home next month.

i work at a boarding kennels, and helf out at my local dog training school. i am startting a dog trainer traing coars in feb, and wanting to become a dog grooming. have have also just set up my own home microchipping service.

love all animals and in tottal i have had, 2 budgies, 2 hamsters, 6 fish, 9 rats, 10 cats and 4 dogs lol im not including my mums cockers as they were in the hose befoe i was so they dont count as mine lol.
Saw your agility stuff on youtube, well good - I want to get started with Flo in the spring. Are you still doing agility with the girls?

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
i have it all in the hut, but it just getting it all to somewhere i can do it. its alot od stuff to carry

1 - 20 of 154 Posts