I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bess had a good night last night sleeping through to about 5:45 this morning, no noise before that from her or Maisie. :)

She has done most of her wees/poos outside today .....I keep putting her on the lawn, and once she even took herself outside for a poo on her own! :)

She is getting used to wearing a collar now, and we did some recall training in the garden ....she catches on quickly.

She had first vet appointment this morning and was very good - weighs 4.6kg (nearly as much as Maisie!).

She also loves play-fighting with Maisie. I know it's normal puppy behaviour but Maisie isn't so keen ....bit of growling and snarling. Luckily Maisie can jump on the sofa and Bess can't yet, so a bit of peace for her there! :rolleyes: Maisie quite often stands over her I guess trying to assert her dominance.

Do you think I should try and stop them, or let them get on with it?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Lovely video and beautiful Cockapoos Sue. Our trainer said to let them get on with it unless it gets completely out of hand as Maisie will soon sort out Bess when she has really had enough and they will work out their place in the pecking order! Good luck :D

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lovely video and beautiful Cockapoos Sue. Our trainer said to let them get on with it unless it gets completely out of hand as Maisie will soon sort out Bess when she has really had enough and they will work out their place in the pecking order! Good luck :D
Thanks Ali, that's what I thought ....its always nice to have it confirmed by others though. :eek:

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Lovely puppy play time .. Maisie is coping well :)

So nice to see your video Sue .. Thank you

Bess is going to be much bigger than Maisie... you can see that already xx

Do you love having two? I think I know the answer :) :) :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Great video thank you. As others have said, definitely let them get on with it. Maisie needs to know it is okay to teach puppy the rules.

Our two have just started properly bonding, every day they are better together but two weeks ago the older one couldn't stand the pup, not even in same room, they are sitting in the same crate together at the moment.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great video thank you. As others have said, definitely let them get on with it. Maisie needs to know it is okay to teach puppy the rules.

Our two have just started properly bonding, every day they are better together but two weeks ago the older one couldn't stand the pup, not even in same room, they are sitting in the same crate together at the moment.
Thanks Gemma, that's good to hear ......its a learning curve for me ...2 years ago I had never had a dog!

As I type Maisie and Bess are at it again playing ....can't leave each other alone! We are trying out a new camera, so hopefully will manage to get a half decent picture of the 2 of them!

Little Bess really is a wonderful pup ........all thanks to Julia and Stephen, and of course Pearl and Fester may have had something to do with it too! :)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Lovely video Sue! Great to see Maisie and Bess playing together. I just leave Rufus and Basil to sort out their playing. I intervene occasionally when I think Basil should take a break ........having said that, he's the one doing most of the 'attacking'! Lol

Karen x

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
They look great together... they sound so like Wilf and Mable in alot of your communication....Wilf used to jump on the settee out of the way, but could only do it for so long and looking a t your two it wont be long until Bess can get up. Also Wilf always made a noise when playing and still does. They look fab x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts