I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Well my dog walker had something come up today and i couldn't get any of my friends to have Betty so i decided to take her with me!! I knew i was only at the office til 10 as had a meeting with my boss and then had to go to a site so figured Betty would be fine.

So we left home at 6.45 this morning and got to the office at 7.45. I left Betty in her bed on the passenger seat with the windows open. i came out at 9.45 and she sound asleep in her bed!! She then came into the office for lots of fussing and attention. Everyone loved her and couldn't believe how shiney her coat was. it was then back into the car for a 45 min drive to Cambridge where she stayed sat in her bed for an hour as i had a look round the demolition works and it was then a 90 min drive home. She was sooooooooo good and has reassured me if i get stuck again then she would be fine in the car. I daren't risk leaving her at home cos if my journey is bad., its really bad and she could be left for ages. i am happy leaving her for 5 to 6 hours max if i have ti but a full working day would be too much.

Here are a couple of pics of her in her bed in the car - i hope they work as trying to add them from my BlackBerry PlayBook!!!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
It's great to be able to take her to work.
In winter I sometimes go straight to work after our walk and leave Dylan in the car for an hour or two, but I don't chance it in summer in case it gets sunny and the car heats up. Even with the windows open it can get really hot, so I generally drop him off home first.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
you must have clicked to wrong link as the code was too long, but sorted now, remem just copy and past the IMG link

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you must have clicked to wrong link as the code was too long, but sorted now, remem just copy and past the IMG link
thanks for sorting that. it wouldn't automatically copy the code like on a normal laptop so tried to cheat may way round!!!!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
thanks for sorting that. it wouldn't automatically copy the code like on a normal laptop so tried to cheat may way round!!!!
yeah i have had that happen before, but if you left click and drag like you would normaly it will hilighte it and you can copy it

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i have had that happen before, but if you left click and drag like you would normaly it will hilighte it and you can copy it
i'm on a BB Playbook - like an iPad - so no mouse or left or right click, hence the difficulties!!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Betty has just had 15 mins of ball chasing for being good!!

It was great to take her to work to see how she coped really. I know that my car park is in shade til lunchtime so she would be fine til 10 but can't see me making a habit of taking her in, even though somd if the women think i should as she was so good (they haven't seen her AWOL recall when there is a picnic within a 100m radius as they might not think she was so good then!!!).

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah she really is a sweetie - hope my Betty stays as dinky as yours!!
i forget how little she is as i am used to it. i must admit i do live her size though as she's so portable!!!!

She's in dire need of a fringe trim as i can barely see her eyes at the moment, even though i love the shaggy look!!!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
i forget how little she is as i am used to it. i must admit i do live her size though as she's so portable!!!!

She's in dire need of a fringe trim as i can barely see her eyes at the moment, even though i love the shaggy look!!!
I love the shaggy look to. I have enrolled on the one day grooming course at Guildford college as didn't want to risk a groomer sclaping her!!
Mind you can imagine on my first attempts she will end end up looking like
a punk a poo.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love the shaggy look to. I have enrolled on the one day grooming course at Guildford college as didn't want to risk a groomer sclaping her!!
Mind you can imagine on my first attempts she will end end up looking like
a punk a poo.
i trimmed around her eyes once and the amount of hair that came off her was amazing and the groomer realused what i'd done (my hairdresser lets me trim my own fringe as i'm quite goid at it, obviously not as good on a dog!!!).

Punk poo!!! Love it!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ah Betty

Oh she's gorgeous and what a good girl She looks just like Pushca!! How do you keep her chin so clean? I'm so frightened to put soap on it as so near her mouth?
I think Betty will be going along a lot to work

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh Betty and Puscha do look similar!! They both have really, really dark eyes too!!

As for keeping her chin clean, i always think it looks dirty but must agree in that pic it looks clean. Since she stopped eating kibble and has been on Naturediet food i think her chin had looked cleaner. but i don't do anything to keep it clean. i was told brushing their chin after food can help or using plaqueoff but i haven't yet got round to trying that!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thankyou

Thankyou for your help with that tricky White bit. I do give it a good brush but the raw blood from the NI, sorry if you were eating, doesn't look very nice. I'm probably just being fussy. I love grooming her so guess I'll just keep doing that with a monthly bath when I think she's getting pongy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts