I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the last couple of weeks Betty has started to hump!! I was quite shocked when I first saw her do it as A) she had never done it before and B) I didn't realise bitches did it at all!!

Initially It was only with Ted ( she would hump his front end or back end:eek::eek:) but she has now tried it on with another couple of dogs.

Is this an age thing ( she is now 14 Months) or as a result of getting Ted in some way??

Is there anything I could/should do to stop it ??

Any advice welcome:)

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
I may be wrong on this but I think when a female dog does this it's about a pecking order thing. She is trying to exert her dominance as head of the pack.. That's as far as my knowledge goes I don't know how you stop it. I'm sure someone can help...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi Colin!

How strange I have noticed the same thing with Minnie :confused:!!!! I was confused as thought the same things as you only males should hump not females lol! She tries it hump her toy polar bear!
I don't know wether like you said its her age and she'll grow out of it!! Iv tried too stop her but it doesn't work! x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Dominance thing Colin ... Honey did this to Pics in the early days, it did stop as soon as it started really .. Betty is just doing this to let Ted know she is the only bossy knickers in the house .. even if he wears superman pants ... she will always be top dog so to speak .. of course after pack leader Colin xxx

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Lady had always been a real humpy girl....lol. I am sure when we get number 2 she will likely do it again, she has almost stoped doing it completely, and it was only ever on her toy. but it is just a dominance thing....she will stop I am sure.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
My girls all hump,its definately got something to do with who is top dog but when one of my girls is in season i swear they all do a humping conga with sometimes as a much as 4 in a row,its hysterical.my spayed girl kd likes to hump peoples legs on occasion too lol,its very embarrassing when we have visitors in and she perches herself on the end of their legs lol xxx

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well...about it stopping with age--Bette is 10 years old and humps the cats daily. I don't think she'll be growing out of it, but maybe she'll get tired of doing it. The cats mostly don't seem to mind, not sure what THAT means.;)
OMG...don't tell me that :eek::eek: At least Ted can fight her off my poor arthritic cat will have no chance:D

·
Registered
918 Posts
:smile:Sorry, Colin! One of my cats is almost 19 years old, and Bette doesn't bother him, so maybe your poor cat will be spared. Come to think of it, the cats she humps are both girls. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Except maybe the cross-species thing. Hmmm. ;)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Dominance thing Colin ... Honey did this to Pics in the early days, it did stop as soon as it started really .. Betty is just doing this to let Ted know she is the only bossy knickers in the house .. even if he wears superman pants ... she will always be top dog so to speak .. of course after pack leader Colin xxx
hahaha!! I have images of Ted in superman pants :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Good old Betty :D

Millie is a humper 'love cuddles' as Janet calls it :D Millie's favourite thing to hump is my leg, especially the right leg. She moves my left leg out the way :)

I'm not sure Millie does it for dominance, she seems to do it when she's just over excited or has excess energy :eek: If I say, No Leg Millie, then she doesn't insist. Even if she's in position and ready to go, I sometime say No Leg and she sits there holding on, looking forlorn :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.