I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had been outside in the garden for a while this afternoon as it's finally sunny here! Biscuit was getting tired so we went back inside so she could go in her crate for a sleep.

Went into crate and lay down, then within a couple of minutes got back up, went to the back door and barked. Strange, we thought, we've only just come in. Went back outside where she promptly did a wee and a poo :D Wow - couldn't believe she 'told' us she needed to go back out again!!!

She is so fab with housetraining - we haven't had a single accident in the house and her crate is bone dry when we come down in the morning. We take her out at 11.30pm, then shut in crate and we come back downstairs at 7.30am where we are greeted with a very waggy tail while she's playing with her favourite monkey toy she sleeps with.

No crying when we go to bed and for the last two mornings no crying when she wakes up either - she's just waiting patiently for us to come down which is amazing as we've only had her for 5 days now. Fab doggy :ilmc: Best wishes, Karen x

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Absolutely superb, you've got a little gem there. It'll be so much easier if your not being woken in the night or very early in the morning..... I looked and felt like a new mum but without the baby sick ;)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Great update .. ahh Biscuit is doing so well, day 5 and settled in so well, you have a good girl there & her name always makes me hungry :)

Oakley was about a week to settle and go through the night. Eevee was excellent but was a very early riser 4.30am some mornings... Honey was a bit older and just fitted in with early morning calls or any wakes during the night .... So all in all Biscuit is doing very well xxxx

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Well done Biscuit, what a clever girl! xx

·
Registered
858 Posts
So what's your secret?!! Wow that's brilliant! There's hope for us lot then! No wonder you are very proud of Biscuit. And so you should be!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone :) I think we had a major head start as Lucy the breeder had crate trained Biscuit and she had free run of the garden too so the groundwork had been laid for us.

Saying that though, I'm thrilled how quickly she settled in with us and is getting cheekier by the day ... I think she feels secure that her naughty puppy side can be released :eek: Nothing is safe from the beast ... the kitchen bin is a major target and she is a demon in the garden, running around at supersonic speed eating the plants as she goes and digging a hole which is well on the way to Australia in the border.

However, we've been using teeny pieces of cooked chicken and she has already mastered sit, come and wait so we can get though doorways first. My 11 year old son is the master trainer and he loves being with her and seeing results.

All is too quiet ... that probably means she's up to no good, better investigate! Best wishes, Karen x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts