I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After collecting Blossom this afternoon we stopped off at nanny's and she did a little tiddle on her kitchen floor then after a little play and a few licks of water she did another tiddle in the back garden (I hope nanny falls in love with Blossom...I dont think it will take long).
:baby:When we got home, Blossom went straight into her crate and slept for an hour with no problems at all! In this time I was able to put my very excited little girl to bed. Blossoms tail wags every time she hears my daughters voice.
When Blossom woke up she had a lick of water and we went outside and she did a tiddle outside :proud: yay!!
We have had the basket of toys out but Blossom doesnt seem into the yoys yet.
I don't know when she had a poo last so took her back outside for about 10mins...but nothing!
Blossom is now snuggled on my lap ...I am hoping everthing goes ok tonight.:D

Blossom seems quite chewy...fingers, ears and zips. Is this normal?

I will add some piccies tomorrow.

Yikes its almost bed time...wonder what kind of night we will have???

I cant believe Blossom is home and all ours!:ilmc::love-eyes: xxxxxx

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yay!!! Blossom is home at last! I hope she is a good(quiet;)) girl tonight for you,and if she isnt just remember that this phase doesnt last long atall:D x

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Yehhhhh great news, hope everything goes well..... yes puppies use there mouths alot, loads of exploring, try holding one of her toys for her to chew rather than your fingers. Have a good night x x

·
Registered
263 Posts
So exciting!! I'll be waiting to hear how you get on tonight and to see some photos. I hope you have a quiet night! I can't wait until it's our turn next weekend!
Pip x

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
welcome home blossom!! The finger nibbling is normal,when my pups do it i normally say ouch quite loudly so the pup stops immediately then i reward her with something more appropriate to chew on.Cant wait to see more pics of her,good luck with your first night xxx

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Oh congratulations! Welcome home Blossom! Those needle sharp puppy teeth can really hurt but they all go through a nibble stage. As Karen (Wilfiboy) says, try and have a soft toy with you at all times to give to Blossom whenever she bites things that she shouldn't. She'll soon catch on.

Hope you have a good first night. :)

Karen x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
lol the mouthing is normal, its like babys and todlers everything goesn in the mouth, its they way they explore the world around them. she can get a puppy pass for a couple of days but then you need to teach her that mouthing isnt aceptable.

sounds like she is doing well. looking forward to hearing about your night. dont wory is she doesnt eat tomorrow as she might still be too distracted to eat.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Welcome home Blossom :D So pleased both you and Lilya have your new little girl home and am sure this will be one spoilt puppy :D Loads of love and hugs XX

p.s. I think pups love younger people as Beau's tail wags far more for Madeleine than me and when I dropped Madeleine at a party on Wednesday Beau came with me as didn't want to leave her alone and when Madeleine got out of the car Beau cried and continued to do so all the way home! I keep telling her I am the one who pays for her food etc ;) XX

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahh thanks all, well I took her outside for about 15mins and nothing...then when we came in I got a poopoo on the floor and tiddle!!! doh lol. At least I know she has been! Since we have had a snuggle and a play and she enjoyed going crazy with a flannel, back outside about 10mins ago and a tiddle yay. Blossom is now snuggled in her crate with her teddy & furry dog heat pad (I hope she is worn out enough to sleep peacefully all nite!:pray:).
p.s I have just ordered the puppy listener by Jan Fennell as it came recommended!xxxx

·
Registered
54 Posts
Best of luck to you & Blossom. Im finding this early stage quite stressful to say the least. Bella cries & cries if not being cuddled by someone! Extremely clingy & under your feet the whole time! But on a positive note, she's an angel at night.
She had her first jabs today & microchip poor thing! Hasnt had much of an appetite all week, but is defo improving. Her brother is 1.75kg heavier than her!! Cant wait to go walkies.....! x

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
yawn....oh I am sooo tired:cry2: we had a good evening last nite. I put her in her crate at 11.30pm with out any fuss and no crying. At 3.30am my daughter has a huge nose bleed which keeps me up. I try to go back to sleep then I hear Blossom at 4.45am....thought as it is almost get up time I would go down. Blossom had weed and pooed in her crate so I stayed up and cleaned it all out. Mid morning I put her back in her clean crate so I could get washed and dressed but she did not stop crying. The bits inbetween during the day were ok, Blossom followed me everywhere and if I stopped she would lay on me feet or sit inbetween my feet bless her. At tea time I put her in her crate whilst we had tea and she cried constantly, when I looked she had pooed in her crate again!!! We have had a total of 3 poo's since last nite and none have been outside!! How can I change this. Plus side is that we had only 1or 2 wee indoors today and when I had to go somewhere and Blossom was travelling in a pet carrier in the boot of my car and we took longer than expected she held her wee and did a big long flow in the garden. Blossom is eating great, 3 meals and and shes still looking for more!!
I must admit I felt overwhelmed today and did have a slight weep whilst talking to my neighbour (OMG I am such a light weight and have a long way to go yet lol).xxxx

·
Registered
582 Posts
Tammy i know how you feel its soooo hard those first couple of days with a baby pup,but i PROMISE it does get better!...i felt so overwhelmed those first couple of days(lack of sleep mostly,up at 5 most mornings:() Blossom will get there,they all do and it will be distant memories!....on the bright side at least she didnt howl and cry for hours like Pixie did on her first night! once Blossom starts getting into a routine of going poo and wee outside(which she will dont fret:)) then she will be less likely to want to do this in her den(crate) and this happens really quickly too,maybe within a week or so. Pixie is 13 weeks and dry in her crate and basically toilet trained...goes to door if wants to toilet:D Hope you have a good night tonight,and if you dont remember its not for long...she only a ikle baby still,and she is adjusting to her new home and routine xxx

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Tammy, sleep deprivation is sooo hard to cope with, but it will get better. Don't forget, she's just a tiny baby, they learn very quickly but sometimes can't help themselves. Izzy is 15 weeks tomorrow (!) and although she has been clean and dry at night since day 3 home, we still have lots of accidents in the house during the day - sometimes literally 2 feet from the open back door(!) Becky's right, it will get better, hang on in there, and remember, someone on here has been through it too, whatever it is, and we're all here to help each other :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Hi Tammy - the first few days with Beau were really tiring and I felt like I had a new born child all over again! It does get a lot easier as Blossom has just left her siblings and Mum so has to get used to being on her own. As for toilet training - take her out every hour or so and after drinks, meals and when she wakes up and have a word you would like to use to encourage her to go to the toilet (and can use in public ;)) and say it whilst she is doing a wee or poo! She will eventually show that she needs to go out but it takes a little while. Beau started to let us know properly around 4 months though I can't remember exactly! She runs to any door in the house and bounces of them and then runs past us staring as if to say "look I need to go out"! It is funny to watch. Good luck today and hope Lilya is ok after he nose bleed. Good luck :D XX

·
Registered
54 Posts
Im sorry you're finding it so tough with Blossom, but i can totally relate to what you're going through. On day 7 of having Belle i too was very close to tears (PMT didn't help!!!) and it totally reminded me of how i felt a few days after having my daughter. Once the exitement fades, and the reality of all the hard work kicks in it is quite overwhelming. Belle does the same as blossom, always follows me around, laying on my feet whenever i stop, even if its to wash up!!! We've only had her 9 days now, but she's come such a long way already. I feel very lucky that she has never once cried at night, or soiled her crate, but she does hate going in it if we are in the same room!! She's much more settled now, havent had any poo's in the house since day 2, and things have really settled into a routine. As long as i take her out on the hour, or straight after a nap, or meal or drink.....its fine! We had a little walk around our neighbourhood today (in my arms) and she loved it! She was dying to run after my daughter on her scooter though!!
Chin up, it doesnt last long at all x x

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im sorry you're finding it so tough with Blossom, but i can totally relate to what you're going through. On day 7 of having Belle i too was very close to tears (PMT didn't help!!!) and it totally reminded me of how i felt a few days after having my daughter. Once the exitement fades, and the reality of all the hard work kicks in it is quite overwhelming. Belle does the same as blossom, always follows me around, laying on my feet whenever i stop, even if its to wash up!!! We've only had her 9 days now, but she's come such a long way already. I feel very lucky that she has never once cried at night, or soiled her crate, but she does hate going in it if we are in the same room!! She's much more settled now, havent had any poo's in the house since day 2, and things have really settled into a routine. As long as i take her out on the hour, or straight after a nap, or meal or drink.....its fine! We had a little walk around our neighbourhood today (in my arms) and she loved it! She was dying to run after my daughter on her scooter though!!
Chin up, it doesnt last long at all x x
Thankyou, I think reality kicked in and you never know what you will have to deal with until it happens. Im just hoping Blossom becomes a little more regular with her number 2's and I can try making sure her bowels are empty before bed but saying poo poo in the garden a hundred times every hour or more with no relsult is a nightmare lol. Today was much better, even tho I was at panic stations with the "no show poo". I guess its about establishing a routine and getting to know your cockapoo. Belle looks stunning, will we see more pics? Tankyou all.xxx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts