I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, its been so long since I have been on here. Blossom is 6 months now and has been growing fast. She brings my daughter and me so much joy and we love her so much. I have booked her in for a keyhole spay on the 13th feb and fingers crossed all will go well. I would love 2 hear from anybody who has had this proceedure done on their beloved poo. xxx

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hi Tammy! I havent been on here for ages either,Pixie has grown so much also and is such pleasure to live with:) we must both try and post some uptodate pics on here.I think i am going to have Pixie key hole spayed also,i know they do it in Norwich somewhere,i think she is going to come into season soon as she is acting a little strange,so will have her done at around 1 yr old too like Ali.xxx

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hi Tammy! I havent been on here for ages either,Pixie has grown so much also and is such pleasure to live with:) we must both try and post some uptodate pics on here.I think i am going to have Pixie key hole spayed also,i know they do it in Norwich somewhere,i think she is going to come into season soon as she is acting a little strange,so will have her done at around 1 yr old too like Ali.xxx
Yes Becky put up some recent pics im dieing to see what she looks like now thanks dx

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Good to see you back on here Becky & Pixie :) yes yes yes lots of Pixie pics please ....

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I have read and been told that there is no increased risk of pyometra. The vet I spoke to explained that pyometra is hormonal related and as the ovaries have been removed the potential source is removed.

Here is a link to the report that was carried out on the two methods. Making a Rational Choice Between Ovariectomy and Ovariohysterectomy in the Dog: A Discussion of the Benefits of Either Technique"

It is generally thought to be less invasive and there is a reduced risk of internal bleeding which is the largest complication during conventional spay.

I hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Wish I had known about keyhole when I had Beau Spayed last year as she had a rough time and would have gladly paid the extra as everyone says how great it is. Good luck and we will have to arrange a spring meet for the Norfolk/Suffolk Poos :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have been thinking about keyhole as well but was advised that it doesn't solve the sue of infection of the uterus or pyometra. What advice have you been given regarding this for Blossom please?

Thanks,
Jane.
Hi Jane
That is what I was worried about but I read up on keyhole spaying and apparently the dog would need its ovaries to be able to contract the pyometra infection. xxx

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wish I had known about keyhole when I had Beau Spayed last year as she had a rough time and would have gladly paid the extra as everyone says how great it is. Good luck and we will have to arrange a spring meet for the Norfolk/Suffolk Poos :D
Hi Ali,
Good to hear from you. Thankyou and yes a Norfolk / Suffolk meet would be great Blossom would think all her Christmas' have come at once lol. Hope Beau is well and being good for you.xxx

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi Jane
That is what I was worried about but I read up on keyhole spaying and apparently the dog would need its ovaries to be able to contract the pyometra infection. xxx
That's great news. Apart from the obvious extra cost there lest seem to be any reason not to do keyhole spaying and every reason To Do it!

I look forward to hearing how it goes!

J x

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Hi Ali,
Good to hear from you. Thankyou and yes a Norfolk / Suffolk meet would be great Blossom would think all her Christmas' have come at once lol. Hope Beau is well and being good for you.xxx
Hi Tammy

Lovely to see you on the forum too :) Beau would think hers had too. Where we do obedience there are two Poos in the class before us - one black and one chocolate roan (I think that is what he is anyway) and Beau makes a beeline for them every time they come out as if she knows they are one of her :) Will definitely arrange a meet when weather improves. Beau is very good except for recall but we are working on that. Let us know how Blossom gets on with her keyhole. Take care and be in touch soon xxx

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Tammy

Lovely to see you on the forum too :) Beau would think hers had too. Where we do obedience there are two Poos in the class before us - one black and one chocolate roan (I think that is what he is anyway) and Beau makes a beeline for them every time they come out as if she knows they are one of her :) Will definitely arrange a meet when weather improves. Beau is very good except for recall but we are working on that. Let us know how Blossom gets on with her keyhole. Take care and be in touch soon xxx
Ah yes recall!! I thought I had one very obedient pup until about 2wks ago! Once there is another dog in the field thats it! I'm desserted and she doesnt want to know me....other owners must think I am mad, calling her name, shouting "treats", chasing after her...urgh I've tried it all! lol. Oh well, poo's just wanna have fun!! xxx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.