I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy got all vaccinations this week and his microchip and the vet said he was a real baby! He weighed 3.3kg at 8 weeks and 4.1kg at 10 weeks so it will be great to get some exercise on a lead next week.

A friend gave us a crate but he hates it, whizzed (thats what we call a pee) in it in the car on way home from friends house and wazzed (thats what we call a poo) on 1st night! Help! maybe its too late! I left door open as I wanted to get him used to it but that didnt help!

Buddy has been stinking and I now know that he keeps treading in his whizz! His feet really smell bad so I keep washing them.

Here are some photos:

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
is he Whizzing and Wazzing before you take him in the car or put him to bed.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Whizzing and wazzing, I love it. Do you have a separate area in the crate with newspaper or puppy pads?

Buddy is beautiful, by the way. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Buddy had whizzed about half an hour earlier and he tends to do most wazzes at night, one in open crate and one on paper. Cage measures 60 x 50 x 45 so I dont think it is too big.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
you should always try and get them to to a pee just before you putting them in their crate just to be sure. it like kids you always make sure they go before you go or they will end up mneeding as soon as you get in the car.

do you get up to let him out for a pee at night, he might not be able to hold it overnight yet, so you maybe shopuld get up to let him out.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Buddy is gorgeous by the way

I am all whizzed out ... bless me I cant keep up .. ha ha ha

kendal is right he is young and pups do find it hard to hold there wee.

Maybe a crate with a puppy pen if your crate is smaller, or paper/puppy training pad half the crate and the other half with bedding, then he always has a toilet area... it really is about what works for you and your puppy :)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Buddy looks lovely :)

And it all sounds fine. He's only a baby and peeing and pooping will happen, he doesn't have control over his bodily functions yet. It took Millie until she was 16 weeks to really get it under control, but it does improve as the weeks go on.

In Millie's crate she had a newspaper/puppy pad in one half so if she needed to go she could. They can't always hold it all night long, not when they are so young.

Remember to take him out after sleep, play, eating. Name the pee or poo, not Fred or George :D, but Go Whizz when he is outside doing it. Praise when he's done it. Be patient.

Hope that helps. :D

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Gosh he's lovely .... he is going to be so blue... look forward to seeing his coat develope, he's bluer than Mable x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Buddy looks lovely :)

And it all sounds fine. He's only a baby and peeing and pooping will happen, he doesn't have control over his bodily functions yet. It took Millie until she was 16 weeks to really get it under control, but it does improve as the weeks go on.

In Millie's crate she had a newspaper/puppy pad in one half so if she needed to go she could. They can't always hold it all night long, not when they are so young.

Remember to take him out after sleep, play, eating. Name the pee or poo, not Fred or George :D, but Go Whizz when he is outside doing it. Praise when he's done it. Be patient.

Hope that helps. :D
yeah teaching them to go on command make life easier when your in a hurry, my lot all go on the command "pee pee"

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'm not going to give you advice as these guys have - I'm just going to say how gorgeous Buddy is. Lucky you! I love his coat. You must post regular photos of him!!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Just a question re whizzing ... weeing. When do they learn to hold on a bit longer?

Bess at nearly 14 weeks wees just about every hour. She will go on command in the garden, but I do need to keep putting her out. If I forget, or I'm a bit late she will still wee on the floor even though the back door is left open. She's a bit better for poos.

Just wondered. Thanks x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts