I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, when i was combing Flossy fluff i noticed her skin is blue ! Is that normal x :confused:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you stephen, i was a bitt worried ive never seen blue skin on anything before, do you know why its blue x

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
It is purely pigmentation x

We get parti coloured dogs and two coloured dog where the skin is also pigmented in patches (it is one way that we use to see if the coat colour will change over time from birth).

Stephen x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
i think its just the pigment thats in the hair, like on Echo or motr visualy shown Adrenes 'Lo he neck is shaved right down to the skin and she still has the black spot(ticking) or for compleatly black dogs it could be because the sun never gets to it so it is very pale and pickt up gray from the black hair.

lol or i could be talking rubish lol and it could be comething els intierly.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
sorry to ask to many questions but does that mean Flossy will change colour x
dont think so she should stay black but will go gray as she gets older, Inca isnt gray yet but has white wispy hairs on her topnot and some on her back. lol i have images of her being black with a gray topnot in her dotege lol

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
lol , well me and Flossy can go old and grey together, thanks kendal x
Thats the plan.... thats interesting she must be royal, a proper Princess.Wilf is the same colour as Flossy but his skin is white. Mable is pinker with black speckles x

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi karen, i was just a bit shocked when i seen the blue, still dont 100% get why its that colour but then things can take a while to sink in. X

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I love this forum .. we are on skin colour now :)

Oakley has blue/ grey skin - solid black coat

Honey has pink skin.. cream coat

Eevee has patchy skin pink and liver - coat is blonde parti (I love her patchy paws and nose)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Poppy is all black she has blue tint to her skin, Rosie is black with white markings, the skin on her tummy is white. She has 3 white paws the black paw has black nails and black pads, the white paws have clear nails and the pads are a mix of black and white.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Echo and delta had mix marked nails they bothe even have individual nails that are half white and half black or brown depending on the dog.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts